The Duke of Cambridge has today become Patron of the London Air Ambulance Charity 30th Anniversary Campaign. The campaign aims to highlight the charity’s vital work in delivering life-saving treatment across London, and raise support for the development of new facilities.
The patronage has been announced ahead of His Royal Highness’ visit to the London Air Ambulance at The Royal London Hospital later this morning. The visit will see The Duke meet with clinicians, paramedics, pilots and crewmembers, to learn more about the challenges of working as a first responder in the capital.
Through his work as an air ambulance pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, The Duke has seen first-hand the impact these first responders have upon the lives of patients with critical injuries. As Patron of the 30th Anniversary Campaign, The Duke will champion those working on the frontline, and highlight the importance of the London Air Ambulance’s vital work.
Jonathan Jenkins, CEO of London’s Air Ambulance Charity, said: “We are delighted that The Duke of Cambridge has accepted the role of Patron of the London’s Air Ambulance 30th Anniversary Campaign.
“Through his support, we aim to raise awareness of the life-saving work carried out by us and by air ambulances across the UK. Our crew face significant challenges when delivering our rapid response and cutting-edge medical treatments in London.
“Through funds raised in our 30th year, we plan to improve our facilities to ensure we can respond even faster, enhance our training and ensure our crews have the facilities they need for their mental health and wellbeing.”
- Students STEP into the Future with Bell
- Luton Airport to provide free fuel to Children’s Air Ambulance
- Omni signs 24 month contract with Constellation Oil
- Metro Aviation takes delivery of first Airbus EC145e
- Mecaer Delivers Bell 505 MAGnificent
- More than $360,000 raised for STARS
- AeroVironment unveils VAPOR all-electric helicopter UAS
- StandardAero expands with Safe Aviation Solutions acquisition
- CPI Aero gains orders for T70 Turkish Utility Helicopter Program
- CHC Appoints New Executive Lead for Global Operations and Supply Chain
- HAI President/CEO Named to USDOT Safety Oversight and Certification Advisory Committee
- Able Opens New Expansion of Headquarters
- Leonardo puts forward AW149 at DSEI 2019
- Russian operator Skypro adds fourth AW139
- Rotex Helicopter to take delivery of new KMax in Q4
- Volocopter raises 50 million Euros in C round funding
- UTair Engineering picks AMOS MRO software
- PHi exits Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- Volocopter completes integration tests at Helsinki Airport
- Helicopter pilot appointed new Station Commander at RAF Odiham