The Duke of Cambridge has today become Patron of the London Air Ambulance Charity 30th Anniversary Campaign. The campaign aims to highlight the charity’s vital work in delivering life-saving treatment across London, and raise support for the development of new facilities.
The patronage has been announced ahead of His Royal Highness’ visit to the London Air Ambulance at The Royal London Hospital later this morning. The visit will see The Duke meet with clinicians, paramedics, pilots and crewmembers, to learn more about the challenges of working as a first responder in the capital.
Through his work as an air ambulance pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, The Duke has seen first-hand the impact these first responders have upon the lives of patients with critical injuries. As Patron of the 30th Anniversary Campaign, The Duke will champion those working on the frontline, and highlight the importance of the London Air Ambulance’s vital work.
Jonathan Jenkins, CEO of London’s Air Ambulance Charity, said: “We are delighted that The Duke of Cambridge has accepted the role of Patron of the London’s Air Ambulance 30th Anniversary Campaign.
“Through his support, we aim to raise awareness of the life-saving work carried out by us and by air ambulances across the UK. Our crew face significant challenges when delivering our rapid response and cutting-edge medical treatments in London.
“Through funds raised in our 30th year, we plan to improve our facilities to ensure we can respond even faster, enhance our training and ensure our crews have the facilities they need for their mental health and wellbeing.”
- Bell at SXSW 2019
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $144M Contract for V-22 Support
- Bell Awarded $440M Contract for AH-1Z Production
- Airbus consolidates its global digital strategy
- Landing Support team completes V-22 night taining
- New CAP 1747 Report Identifies Optimum Strategy for Flight Crew HTAWS Alerts
- Indonesian Army selects 9 Bell 412EPI
- NHV expands executive team
- HAL LCH Demonstrates Unique Capability
- Sikorsky Awarded $7M Contract for CH-53K Systems Modifications
- Adar Poonawalla takes delivery of India’s first ACH145
- Helijet supports Power To Be with new partnership
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Chief Operating Officer
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2019
- Triumph Awarded DLA Contract Extension
- Sikorsky grants Make-A-Wish® Foundation with a S-76 ride
- 7 trainee paramedics start at HIOW Air Ambulance
- Bristow FY2019 Q3 earnings release and concall scheduled
- Donate Items to the HFI Silent Auction
- USMC receives last UH-1Y Venom