The Duke of Cambridge has today become Patron of the London Air Ambulance Charity 30th Anniversary Campaign. The campaign aims to highlight the charity’s vital work in delivering life-saving treatment across London, and raise support for the development of new facilities.
The patronage has been announced ahead of His Royal Highness’ visit to the London Air Ambulance at The Royal London Hospital later this morning. The visit will see The Duke meet with clinicians, paramedics, pilots and crewmembers, to learn more about the challenges of working as a first responder in the capital.
Through his work as an air ambulance pilot for the East Anglian Air Ambulance, The Duke has seen first-hand the impact these first responders have upon the lives of patients with critical injuries. As Patron of the 30th Anniversary Campaign, The Duke will champion those working on the frontline, and highlight the importance of the London Air Ambulance’s vital work.
Jonathan Jenkins, CEO of London’s Air Ambulance Charity, said: “We are delighted that The Duke of Cambridge has accepted the role of Patron of the London’s Air Ambulance 30th Anniversary Campaign.
“Through his support, we aim to raise awareness of the life-saving work carried out by us and by air ambulances across the UK. Our crew face significant challenges when delivering our rapid response and cutting-edge medical treatments in London.
“Through funds raised in our 30th year, we plan to improve our facilities to ensure we can respond even faster, enhance our training and ensure our crews have the facilities they need for their mental health and wellbeing.”
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee