This week East Anglian Air Ambulance have attended their 25,000th mission. While difficult to celebrate because it means a patient has needed our care, we are delighted to reach this milestone figure, which highlights the vital need for our service.
East Anglian Air Ambulance is a helicopter emergency medical service provider for the people of East Anglia. We operate two helicopters out of our Cambridge and Norwich bases and can reach anywhere in the region within 25 minutes. Each of our crews consists of a doctor, a critical care paramedic and two pilots, who take expert, advanced A&E level care directly to patients who had suffered life threatening accidents or medical emergencies. We are then able to transfer them to the most appropriate hospital for their needs.
Next year will mark our 20th anniversary since the charity was founded so to reach this milestone number before then really does highlight the importance of the critical service we provide. Last year the EAAA crews treated 1654 critically ill patients, with the highest number of incidents related to road traffic collisions and cardiac arrests.
Patrick Peal, Chief Executive of East Anglian Air Ambulance said; “Reaching 25,000 missions is a pivotal moment for us and one we are extremely proud to achieve. It is incredibly reaffirming at this time as we begin to implement plans to become a 24/7 helicopter emergency medical service by 2020. Attending 25,000 missions shows the absolute need for our service, and by becoming 24/7 we will be able to attend even more patients who need our care. It’s also crucial to say that none of this would be possible without the support of the communities we serve, without them none of what we do would be possible. Thank you”.
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- HENSOLDT enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring
- Aerial Firefighting Europe 2019 opens in French city of Nîmes
- First AW189 launched in Korea
- CAMP Systems and Hillsboro Establish Partnership
- Astronautics RoadRunner™ brings enhanced capabilities to Firehawk
- DART High Capacity Cargo Nets fit the bill for Aeróleo Táxi Aéreo
- AMS and AUTOFLUG sign cooperation agreement
- FreeFlight Systems announces new radar altimeter display for operators
- Falcon Aviation to showcase at first Saudi International Airshow
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Unveils New Website & Video Series
- PIF Announces Launch of The Helicopter Company
- NHV Group appoints new CEO
- PHI enters Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection