The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Ørsted to provide helicopter services in support of the Borssele 1+2 Offshore Wind farm. The operations are expected to start in May 2020. Flights will depart from NHV’s base in Zeeland to the Borssele Wind Farm, located 23 kilometres from Westkapelle in front of the Dutch coast.
NHV will support this project utilizing the H145 aircraft, the latest Airbus Helicopter 4-tonne-class twin-engine rotorcraft. With its high hoisting and hover performance and small footprint, the H145 can operate in performance class 1 conditions, while its compact airframe can manoeuvre in the confined environments of offshore wind farms.
When built in 2020, the approximately 100 wind offshore wind turbines will supply renewable energy equivalent to the annual power consumption of one million Dutch households. Borssele 1 and 2 together comprise 128.3 km2 with a capacity of 752 MW.
NHV’s base manager Bram De Backer commented: “We look forward to working with Ørsted and we are delighted to be part of this prestigious project. The strong relationships between Orsted and NHV have now resulted into a tailor made service that will guarantee the safe and timely realization of the Borssele project.”
This contract also fits in NHV’s long-term strategy to broaden its range of services to the energy market and grow the renewables service alongside the oil and gas service. Earlier this year, the NHV Group also started supporting the construction of Offshore Wind farms out of Aberdeen and Ostend.
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5
- CAMP Systems International Offers Engine Health Monitoring