The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Ørsted to provide helicopter services in support of the Borssele 1+2 Offshore Wind farm. The operations are expected to start in May 2020. Flights will depart from NHV’s base in Zeeland to the Borssele Wind Farm, located 23 kilometres from Westkapelle in front of the Dutch coast.
NHV will support this project utilizing the H145 aircraft, the latest Airbus Helicopter 4-tonne-class twin-engine rotorcraft. With its high hoisting and hover performance and small footprint, the H145 can operate in performance class 1 conditions, while its compact airframe can manoeuvre in the confined environments of offshore wind farms.
When built in 2020, the approximately 100 wind offshore wind turbines will supply renewable energy equivalent to the annual power consumption of one million Dutch households. Borssele 1 and 2 together comprise 128.3 km2 with a capacity of 752 MW.
NHV’s base manager Bram De Backer commented: “We look forward to working with Ørsted and we are delighted to be part of this prestigious project. The strong relationships between Orsted and NHV have now resulted into a tailor made service that will guarantee the safe and timely realization of the Borssele project.”
This contract also fits in NHV’s long-term strategy to broaden its range of services to the energy market and grow the renewables service alongside the oil and gas service. Earlier this year, the NHV Group also started supporting the construction of Offshore Wind farms out of Aberdeen and Ostend.
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020
- New head of police air unit for Brazilian state of Ceara
- ARNG Helicopter modernization project
- Whirly-Girls Announce New Instrument Rating Scholarship for Female Aviators for 2021
- SAFE awarded USAF contract for CH-53 maintenance platforms
- Austria orders the AW169M
- HSC-22 Receives First MQ-8C Firescout
- Neptune Energy extends contract with CHC Helicopters
- Baden-Württemberg police take on new fire-fighting role
- Bell Presents the Turkish Director General of Forestry with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Bell Presents the Turkish National Police with the Outstanding Operational Readiness Award
- Cornwall Air Ambulance to feature in new TV series
- STARS to take over Lifeflight in Manitoba
- Volocopter offers reservations for commercial flights