The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Ørsted to provide helicopter services in support of the Borssele 1+2 Offshore Wind farm. The operations are expected to start in May 2020. Flights will depart from NHV’s base in Zeeland to the Borssele Wind Farm, located 23 kilometres from Westkapelle in front of the Dutch coast.
NHV will support this project utilizing the H145 aircraft, the latest Airbus Helicopter 4-tonne-class twin-engine rotorcraft. With its high hoisting and hover performance and small footprint, the H145 can operate in performance class 1 conditions, while its compact airframe can manoeuvre in the confined environments of offshore wind farms.
When built in 2020, the approximately 100 wind offshore wind turbines will supply renewable energy equivalent to the annual power consumption of one million Dutch households. Borssele 1 and 2 together comprise 128.3 km2 with a capacity of 752 MW.
NHV’s base manager Bram De Backer commented: “We look forward to working with Ørsted and we are delighted to be part of this prestigious project. The strong relationships between Orsted and NHV have now resulted into a tailor made service that will guarantee the safe and timely realization of the Borssele project.”
This contract also fits in NHV’s long-term strategy to broaden its range of services to the energy market and grow the renewables service alongside the oil and gas service. Earlier this year, the NHV Group also started supporting the construction of Offshore Wind farms out of Aberdeen and Ostend.
- Helijet Announces Results of the Special Meeting
- Bristow Provides Update on Status of SEC Filings
- Terma Aircraft Survivability Equipment on RNLAF NH90 Ready for Operational Use
- Leonardo and PWNE add AW189 simulator to Service Agreement in Malaysia
- Alpha Aviation Purchases Anchorage Helicopter Tours
- HeliOffshore Helideck Work Group Reports on Top Five Safety Events
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $7M Contract for V-22 Modification
- Raytheon testing AI to improve CV-22 maintenance planning
- FleckDecks Awarded $17M Contract for V-22 and MV-22 Procurement
- CPI Aero Secures Additional Orders From Sikorsky
- Recognize The Best of Vertical Aviation
- Akagera Aviation celebrates a decade of successful operations in Rwanda
- Airbus and Safran team-up for greener vertical flight
- Wiking signs for two AW139s
- Sikorsky Awarded $15M Contract for UH-60M Maintenance
- Japan National Police places order with Bell
- EASA certifies Safran Arrano 1A engine
- Airbus signs MoU with Pawan Hans for H145 and H225, plus AS365 support
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Appoints President & General Manager
- Leonardo working with Suzuyo on first AW139 Level D Full Flight Simulator in Japan