Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company, today presented a check for $10,000 to the Make-A-Wish® Foundation. Sikorsky President Dan Schultz presented President and CEO of Make-A-Wish Connecticut Pamela Keough with the donation from funds raised by the Sikorsky Air Fire Department from T-shirt sales over the 2018 holiday season.
Make-A-Wish creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. They are on a quest to bring every eligible child’s wish to life, because a wish can be an integral part of a child’s treatment journey. Research shows that the wishes granted can help children build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight a critical illness. For more information about Make-A-Wish Connecticut, visit ct.wish.org.
Sikorsky participated in its first Make-A-Wish event in 2018 when it partnered with the organization to provide a six-year-old boy with a rare heart defect a “Pilot for a Day” experience. The child and his family toured Sikorsky’s headquarters in Stratford, Connecticut, and also flew in a Sikorsky S-76® helicopter.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit