Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company, today presented a check for $10,000 to the Make-A-Wish® Foundation. Sikorsky President Dan Schultz presented President and CEO of Make-A-Wish Connecticut Pamela Keough with the donation from funds raised by the Sikorsky Air Fire Department from T-shirt sales over the 2018 holiday season.
Make-A-Wish creates life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. They are on a quest to bring every eligible child’s wish to life, because a wish can be an integral part of a child’s treatment journey. Research shows that the wishes granted can help children build the physical and emotional strength they need to fight a critical illness. For more information about Make-A-Wish Connecticut, visit ct.wish.org.
Sikorsky participated in its first Make-A-Wish event in 2018 when it partnered with the organization to provide a six-year-old boy with a rare heart defect a “Pilot for a Day” experience. The child and his family toured Sikorsky’s headquarters in Stratford, Connecticut, and also flew in a Sikorsky S-76® helicopter.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management