Helijet International and Power To Be are pleased to announce a new partnership that expands upon Helijet’s existing support of the non-profit organization with new financial assistance, and an in-kind sponsorship program.
Power To Be supports people living with a barrier or disability access inclusive adventures in nature. Year-round programming includes hiking, kayaking, surfing and more for youth and adults. The aim is to give participants the opportunity to get outdoors, experience nature for themselves and help them discover who they are and what they’re capable of.
Power To Be raises funds for its programs through individual and corporate donations, as well as though events including the annual Power To Play teambuilding adventure races in Victoria in the spring and Vancouver in the fall, plus Power To Golf in Victoria each summer. The support ensures all programs are subsidized so cost is never a barrier to participation.
“Helijet has been pleased to participate in these events in the past and to kick off 2019, we’re stepping that up by playing an even more active role in supporting Power To Be’s fundraising and awareness efforts”, said Danny Sitnam, President and CEO of Helijet. “Our new partnership will generate an annual donation based on the number of one-way flights sold on Helijet’s scheduled passenger service routes between Vancouver and Victoria, and between Vancouver and Nanaimo. We estimate the program could see annual donations reach as much as $24,000 per year.”
In addition to financial support, Power To Be will be promoted through videos and other materials in Helijet terminals, and the organization’s graphics will be placed on Helijet courtesy vehicles and on one of Helijet’s S-76 passenger helicopters. Helijet will also provide occasional use of a smaller helicopter in its fleet for events and promotional activities.
“Through this program, we hope to make our passengers aware of our enthusiastic support for this deserving group, and the good work they perform every year. We sincerely hope this will be helpful in attracting even more support for Power To Be,” Sitnam added.
“The success of our programs is the result of working collaboratively with our community. Through partnership we are able to connect business to a cause they truly care about, and then leverage that support into opportunities for more than 1,600 participants to explore what is possible in nature this year,” said Tim Cormode, Executive Director of Power To Be. “We’re pleased to welcome Helijet as our Official Air Service Provider under this new partnership. Their support will help us raise awareness of our programs, connect our staff between Victoria and Vancouver and bring in much needed funds to ensure our programs remain accessible to our participants.”
- Two Japanese prefectures sign helicopter cooperation agreement
- RNAS Culdrose to control satellite airfield remotely
- Ideagen and PHI Aviation Agree Five-Year Safety Management Software Deal
- WAI Announces Keynote Speakers for Virtual WAI2021 Conference
- G+ and HeliOffshore collaborate on helicopter operations for wind farms
- Air Ambulances UK announces new CEO
- Inter-Tec Group opens a new business in Ireland
- Airbus recognizes 2 employees with 50 years of service
- Summit Aviation makes appointment to new Director of Program Management role
- Milestone Aviation and NHV Group expand partnership
- HAI names recipient of the 2021 Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- USHST identifies need for Automatic Flight Control Systems in light helicopters
- NHV awarded contract by Allseas Engineering
- Volocopter Raises €200 Million in Series D Funding Round
- HAI names Flight Instructor of the Year
- HSC-25 Squadron Conducts Change of Command Ceremony
- Leonardo and Falcon Aviation Services start building Dubai AW609 terminal
- Air Methods targets new Wisconsin base at Hartford
- PLDT’s aviation unit announces rebranding
- Sikorsky awarded $53M contract for four UH-60Ms