HeliOffshore has appointed its operations director François Lassale to the new position of chief operating officer (COO). The change in management structure takes account of the rapid growth of the safety-focused association’s global membership and activities in the four years since it was formed in October 2014.
In his new role, Mr Lassale will be responsible for ensuring that HeliOffshore maintains the high calibre operations required to deliver effective enhancements that get results in the frontline. This will involve supporting member companies and programmes with a consistent operational approach and delivering the association’s established strategy and programmes in clear priority areas. The new role will support the overriding priority to implement key safety products worldwide and achieve measurable results from these.
In seeking to further strengthen HeliOffshore’s operations, the COO will focus on ensuring that the organisation’s collaborative approach has the infrastructure it needs to succeed. This involves delivering the right tools for our members’ shared work, communicating effectively and maintaining strong governance and capabilities to deliver our priorities. The reorganisation will result in a stronger focus on outcomes and requirements for programmes and greater levels of participation and transparency.
Mr Lassale will lead HeliOffshore’s Funding Committee, which is considering strategic options to help ensure the continued viability of the association. He will seek to convey the powerful value proposition for the association’s collaborative approach to enhancing safety. There will be a renewed effort to create a clear list of safety projects of high value to the offshore helicopter industry. The goal will be to achieve a sustainable pace of product delivery, a high level of engagement with all stakeholders, and effective funding and governance mechanisms. With the establishment of the new HeliOffshore Safety Intelligence Programme, all work is guided by and measured against trusted data.
“HeliOffshore’s unprecedented collaboration for safety has expanded greatly and the time is right for us to adjust our management structure to ensure that we are well placed to achieve our full potential,” said HeliOffshore CEO Gretchen Haskins.
Prior to joining HeliOffshore in 2015, Mr Lassale was managing director of an aviation company providing turnkey solutions to the airline and corporate aviation sectors. Having started his aviation career as a pilot in the UK’s Royal Air Force, he gained extensive experience in safety management with several leading international rotary- and fixed wing operations, including the Presidential Flight of the United Arab Emirates, for which he served as director of safety and strategic development. In these roles, he also served as a Type Rating Instructor and Type Rating Examiner.
“Working with HeliOffshore members to develop and implement life-saving programmes is extremely satisfying because I know that the outcomes we are achieving will support our industry’s overall goal of bringing workers home safely every day,” commented Mr Lassale.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020