The Air Ambulance Service Chair of Trustees John Williams will step down from the role this month after more than nine years in the leadership post.
John, who lives near East Midlands Airport, has overseen substantial growth and development of the charity and will continue to play an active role as a member of the board of trustees. The Chair leaves the role after coming to the end of his tenure under the charity’s constitution.
During the last 10 years the charity has grown from a single aircraft to a network of four helicopters and two cars while ensuring the organisation is able to provide lifesaving, critical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Commenting on the announcement, John said: “It has been an honour and a privilege to serve the charity for the past 10 years and to watch it grow into the incredible organisation that exists today. This is particularly noteworthy in terms of all the people I have worked with – those who have created this lifesaving service – and I would like to thank everybody involved for their support over the last decade.
“After nine years as chair, it is time for me to hand the role to another person while still continuing as a trustee to ensure continuity and sharing of knowledge gained over that time. I now look forward to continuing the voluntary role of trustee under a new chair.”
Charity Chief Executive Andy Williamson commented: “On behalf of staff, trustees and everyone at The Air Ambulance Service, I would like to thank John for his commitment and hard work over his nine years as chair.
“He has successfully overseen significant change across the charity while ensuring our services and our patients have always been our first priority.”
- WellSpan Health and Air Methods announces launch of WellFlight Air Ambulance
- Navicent Health Baldwin gets new helipad
- Schiebel and Nordic Unmanned Monitor Ship Emissions for EMSA
- EBAA Launches S.T.A.R.S Working Groups
- Airbus H175 to bolster Omni’s oil and gas operations in Brazil
- VFS Announces Design-Build-Vertical Flight Student Competition
- Air Methods Lead Mechanic Honored by FAA
- GVH Aerospace secures contract with Leonardo
- OC Helicopters Denies Any Responsibility For Kobe Bryant Crash
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award