The Air Ambulance Service Chair of Trustees John Williams will step down from the role this month after more than nine years in the leadership post.
John, who lives near East Midlands Airport, has overseen substantial growth and development of the charity and will continue to play an active role as a member of the board of trustees. The Chair leaves the role after coming to the end of his tenure under the charity’s constitution.
During the last 10 years the charity has grown from a single aircraft to a network of four helicopters and two cars while ensuring the organisation is able to provide lifesaving, critical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Commenting on the announcement, John said: “It has been an honour and a privilege to serve the charity for the past 10 years and to watch it grow into the incredible organisation that exists today. This is particularly noteworthy in terms of all the people I have worked with – those who have created this lifesaving service – and I would like to thank everybody involved for their support over the last decade.
“After nine years as chair, it is time for me to hand the role to another person while still continuing as a trustee to ensure continuity and sharing of knowledge gained over that time. I now look forward to continuing the voluntary role of trustee under a new chair.”
Charity Chief Executive Andy Williamson commented: “On behalf of staff, trustees and everyone at The Air Ambulance Service, I would like to thank John for his commitment and hard work over his nine years as chair.
“He has successfully overseen significant change across the charity while ensuring our services and our patients have always been our first priority.”
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock
- HAI appoints VP of Marketing Communications
- MD Helicopters aims to overturn $7.6M Dutch Police judgement
- COVID19 – Christoph München in action with EpiShuttle