The Air Ambulance Service Chair of Trustees John Williams will step down from the role this month after more than nine years in the leadership post.
John, who lives near East Midlands Airport, has overseen substantial growth and development of the charity and will continue to play an active role as a member of the board of trustees. The Chair leaves the role after coming to the end of his tenure under the charity’s constitution.
During the last 10 years the charity has grown from a single aircraft to a network of four helicopters and two cars while ensuring the organisation is able to provide lifesaving, critical care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Commenting on the announcement, John said: “It has been an honour and a privilege to serve the charity for the past 10 years and to watch it grow into the incredible organisation that exists today. This is particularly noteworthy in terms of all the people I have worked with – those who have created this lifesaving service – and I would like to thank everybody involved for their support over the last decade.
“After nine years as chair, it is time for me to hand the role to another person while still continuing as a trustee to ensure continuity and sharing of knowledge gained over that time. I now look forward to continuing the voluntary role of trustee under a new chair.”
Charity Chief Executive Andy Williamson commented: “On behalf of staff, trustees and everyone at The Air Ambulance Service, I would like to thank John for his commitment and hard work over his nine years as chair.
“He has successfully overseen significant change across the charity while ensuring our services and our patients have always been our first priority.”
- Apollo Air Services to operate first AW109 Trekker in UK
- Bermuda Aircraft Registry Hits Historic Milestone
- Air Methods opens Mercy Air 66 base at Barstow
- Heli-One wins German AS332L1 and EC215 upgrade contract
- Volocopter and Amazon join UK CAA Innovation Sandbox project
- Lilium Reveals New Air Taxi Celebrates Maiden Flight
- CareFlite celebrates 40 Year Anniversary
- Vertical Flight Society Recognizes Sikorsky For Technological Innovations
- Nepalese operators facing pilot shortage
- Sierra Nevada Awarded $75M Contract for HH-60G DVES Installations
- Sloane extend Leonardo distributorship and sign for two more AW109s
- FlightSafety announces new President & CEO
- TracPlus and IQonboard collaborate
- Northern Escape Heli Skiing Announces investment
- MALS-39 Marine recognized for contributions to maintenance readiness
- 22 countries sign new European Defence Agency cross-border agreement
- STARS announces first all-female lineup for 2019 Rescue in the Rockies
- FAA Announces Safety Rating for Costa Rica
- Speedwings expands helicopter ops with BHS and DC Aviation
- Latest ACH160 order underlines market confidence in new model