Simrik Heli Trades, an Independent Local Agent of Bell Helicopter for Nepal will conduct Bell Jet Ranger X Experimental and Demonstration Flight for the helicopter operator for the first time in Nepal. The Experimental and Demonstration flight will be carried out at high altitude of Nepal to test the performance of the Bell Jet Ranger X series.
The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X with registration N505LQ of US landed at Tribhuvan International Airport, East Helipad from Gaya Airport (India) at 01:20 PM NST yesterday for Experimental and Demonstration Flight for the helicopter operators of Nepal.
Bell Helicopter Textron Inc earlier stated that, the company had shipped a Bell 505 Jet Ranger X from Canada to Singapore and begun a Four-month-long tour in the region. The aircraft starting from Jakarta, Indonesia, earlier this month, the Bell 505 made stops in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, India and finally in Nepal.
According to a source, officials from Simrik Heli-Trade on behalf of Bell Helicopter will be working for the documentation procedure of Civil Aviation Authority of Nepal to commence the demonstration flight.
As per the Summit Helicopter (Former Fishtail Air) fleet expansion plan the company in 2016 had planned to prepend two each factory-made Bell 505 Jet Ranger X helicopters soon into its fleet and had already made an MOU signing agreement with Bell Helicopters on behalf of Simrik Helitrade for bringing two new Bell 505 series helicopter in October 7, 2016. The company was the first operator in Nepal to introduce Bell helicopter in Nepal and it will be probably the first operator to debut Bell 505 helicopter in Nepal. The company is currently operating another Bell helicopter of 206 series.
The Bell 505 Jet Ranger X is Bell Helicopter’s new five-seat aircraft designed for safety, efficiency, and reliability through the use of advanced avionics technology. It incorporates proven dynamic components, advanced aerodynamic design, a dual channel FADEC Turbomeca Arrius 2R engine, and best-in-class value.
As per the Bell Helicopter Company, the reliability, speed, performance, and maneuverability of the Bell 505 and spacious cabin can be configured to carry up to four passengers or configured for internal cargo missions by removing quickly disconnect rear cabin seats and/or copilot seat. The Bell 505’s flat floor cabin design and large rectangular baggage compartment let the Bell 505 adapt to the changing mission needs. These features combined with a proven and reliable drivetrain and rotor system make the Bell 505 a true multi-mission aircraft in the short light single-engine market.
Currently, two Nepalese helicopters operators; Summit Helicopters, Simrik Air and Nepalese Army Air Service operate their Bell 206 and 407 GXP helicopter, manufactured by Bell Helicopter Textron Inc in Nepalese Sky. Rest of all the helicopter operators operate AS350 B3 and MI17 series helicopter manufactured by Airbus Helicopter in France and Russia respectively.
Reproduced from Aviation Nepal with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Aviation Nepal which allows us to reproduce helicopter news which they publish. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Aviation Nepal.
- Kopter Group and Korea Aerospace Industries enter into cooperation
- Airbus H125 helicopters enter Austrian Ministry of Interior service
- ForeFlight Announces Launch of Dispatch
- DRF to upgrade Airbus H145 fleet to five-blade rotorhead
- DART Aerospace acquires key product lines and brand trademark
- Unique Aerospace Physiology and Human Performance Update Course to be provided at Heli-Expo 2020
- Flight testing begins for the first H225Ms for Kuwait
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™