We are very pleased to announce another extension of the operational hours of the emergency service, which will now fly until 2 am every day of the week with immediate effect.
DAA’s Chief Executive Heléna Holt, said: This landmark is another step towards our goal of eventually providing Devon with a 24-hour emergency Air Ambulance service. There isn’t a timescale yet for when this will be, but it remains one of our key objectives.
In November 2016 DAA extended the flying hours for its Exeter aircraft to midnight after extensive research confirmed that just because it’s dark, it doesn’t mean people don’t have accidents or become ill.
Heléna Holt was at pains to thank the Charity’s ‘amazing fundraisers and supporters’ who have made this significant development possible.
Since the extension of flying time in 2016, the charity has assisted 118 patients during the hours of darkness.
Nigel Hare, DAA’s Operations Director said: Flying into the hours of darkness isn’t necessarily about flying the patient to hospital. It’s also about getting the right specialist care to the patient, quickly.’Our community landing sites across the county allow us to land at a pre-surveyed site, with lighting that we can turn on and off by using just a mobile phone, which saves vital minutes. Our doctors and specialist paramedics can administer essential treatment.”
Heléna Holt added:A lot of work has gone on behind the scenes with parish councils and communities to create a network of community landing sites. It truly is a testament to our amazing supporters that what seemed a dream just a few years ago has now become reality.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot