Airbus Helicopters is proposing a new solution to prevent delamination of engine mount bushings, thus improving their reliability.
The solution consists of a new engine bushing made of steel mesh that can be installed without any modification to the engine mounts, in approximately 8 hours.
As a result, the 50 Flight Hours repetitive inspections will no longer be required once a bushing is replaced. Currently applicable to the BK117 D-2, this solution will be extended to BK117 C-2 in 2019.
This improvement is a part of the 2018 Top irritant resolution program for H145.
Detailed information is available through ASB MBB-BK117 D-2-71A-002 and all the necessary parts can be ordered through P/N SB-117D2-71A-002-2C material kit.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit