The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Elia to provide helicopter services in support of the construction of a
high voltage electricity grid in the Belgian part of the North Sea. The operations are expected to start in April 2019. Flights
will depart from NHV’s base in Ostend.
NHV will support this project utilizing the H145 aircraft, the latest Airbus Helicopter 4-tonne-class twin-engine rotorcraft.
With its high hoisting and hover performance and small footprint, the H145 can operate in performance class 1 conditions,
while its compact airframe can manoeuvre in confined offshore environments.
The Modular Offshore Grid (MOG) is the first grid project of Elia at sea and the first of its kind in Belgium. The MOG will group
and connect the offshore produced energy of four new wind farms (Rentel, Seastar, Mermaid and Northwester 2), so that it
can be injected in the Belgian onshore grid via fewer sea cables. It consists of an Offshore Switchyard Platform (OSY), the
transmissions systems on the Rentel platform and three submarine power cables connecting the platforms with the Stevin
380kV-substation in Zeebrugge. The MOG is of strategic importance for Belgium’s further development of renewable energy
in the North Sea. The Modular Offshore Grid is scheduled to be taken into use by the end of the third quarter of 2019.
NHV’s base manager Bram De Backer commented: “We are delighted to be contributing to this pioneering project. Building on the expertise and know-how demonstrated in our other offshore operations, our goal is to deliver a state-of-the-art and safe service to Elia as they progress towards the MOG completion.
We thank Elia for their trust in NHV and we look forward to the start of our operations together.” This contract also fits in NHV’s long-term strategy to broaden its range of services to the energy market and to grow the renewables service alongside the oil and gas service.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management