The NHV Group today announced a new contract with Elia to provide helicopter services in support of the construction of a
high voltage electricity grid in the Belgian part of the North Sea. The operations are expected to start in April 2019. Flights
will depart from NHV’s base in Ostend.
NHV will support this project utilizing the H145 aircraft, the latest Airbus Helicopter 4-tonne-class twin-engine rotorcraft.
With its high hoisting and hover performance and small footprint, the H145 can operate in performance class 1 conditions,
while its compact airframe can manoeuvre in confined offshore environments.
The Modular Offshore Grid (MOG) is the first grid project of Elia at sea and the first of its kind in Belgium. The MOG will group
and connect the offshore produced energy of four new wind farms (Rentel, Seastar, Mermaid and Northwester 2), so that it
can be injected in the Belgian onshore grid via fewer sea cables. It consists of an Offshore Switchyard Platform (OSY), the
transmissions systems on the Rentel platform and three submarine power cables connecting the platforms with the Stevin
380kV-substation in Zeebrugge. The MOG is of strategic importance for Belgium’s further development of renewable energy
in the North Sea. The Modular Offshore Grid is scheduled to be taken into use by the end of the third quarter of 2019.
NHV’s base manager Bram De Backer commented: “We are delighted to be contributing to this pioneering project. Building on the expertise and know-how demonstrated in our other offshore operations, our goal is to deliver a state-of-the-art and safe service to Elia as they progress towards the MOG completion.
We thank Elia for their trust in NHV and we look forward to the start of our operations together.” This contract also fits in NHV’s long-term strategy to broaden its range of services to the energy market and to grow the renewables service alongside the oil and gas service.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot