Global UAV Technologies Ltd. (CSE: UAV, OTC: YRLLF, FSE: YAB2) (the “Company” or “Global UAV”), a diversified and vertically integrated drone technology company, recently completed a drone-based geothermal energy exploration survey for Borealis GeoPower Inc. (“Borealis”). The survey is the first of its kind for Global UAV utilizing both geophysical and thermal imaging sensors over an area in northern British Columbia.
Global UAV’s wholly owned subsidiary, Pioneer Aerial Surveys Ltd. (“Pioneer Aerial”), collaborated with Hummingbird Drones Inc. to collect and analyze high resolution magnetometer and thermal data over the 2200 Ha survey area. The survey was conducted using both day and night flight operations to maximize efficiency and data quality. The combination of UAV-MAG™ and drone-based thermal imagery produced high-resolution deliverables on the geological and geothermal features of the survey area for our client, Borealis GeoPower Inc.
“Global UAV is continually bringing new drone technology to our customers while our drone solutions continue to see increased market share and new customer growth worldwide. Multiple divisions of Global UAV supported the successful UAV-MAG™ and thermal survey project, including our regulatory division for airspace management and permissions and our services division company, Pioneer Aerial,” stated Michael Burns, CEO, Global UAV Technologies Ltd.
“As a Canadian geothermal energy ‘pioneer’ ourselves, it seems fitting for Borealis to work with Global UAV’s Pioneer Aerial Surveys on this groundbreaking application. The collaborative spirit brought by Pioneer Aerial was instrumental in successfully carrying out the work at the Terrace, BC geothermal project. Near the location of one of the world’s largest hot springs, Borealis is currently refining its reservoir model in advance of drilling in 2019. Geothermal power and heat are renewable energies well positioned to support the local and national economy as well as the environment,” stated Alison Thompson, CEO of Borealis GeoPower Inc.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management