Global UAV Technologies Ltd. (CSE: UAV, OTC: YRLLF, FSE: YAB2) (the “Company” or “Global UAV”), a diversified and vertically integrated drone technology company, recently completed a drone-based geothermal energy exploration survey for Borealis GeoPower Inc. (“Borealis”). The survey is the first of its kind for Global UAV utilizing both geophysical and thermal imaging sensors over an area in northern British Columbia.
Global UAV’s wholly owned subsidiary, Pioneer Aerial Surveys Ltd. (“Pioneer Aerial”), collaborated with Hummingbird Drones Inc. to collect and analyze high resolution magnetometer and thermal data over the 2200 Ha survey area. The survey was conducted using both day and night flight operations to maximize efficiency and data quality. The combination of UAV-MAG™ and drone-based thermal imagery produced high-resolution deliverables on the geological and geothermal features of the survey area for our client, Borealis GeoPower Inc.
“Global UAV is continually bringing new drone technology to our customers while our drone solutions continue to see increased market share and new customer growth worldwide. Multiple divisions of Global UAV supported the successful UAV-MAG™ and thermal survey project, including our regulatory division for airspace management and permissions and our services division company, Pioneer Aerial,” stated Michael Burns, CEO, Global UAV Technologies Ltd.
“As a Canadian geothermal energy ‘pioneer’ ourselves, it seems fitting for Borealis to work with Global UAV’s Pioneer Aerial Surveys on this groundbreaking application. The collaborative spirit brought by Pioneer Aerial was instrumental in successfully carrying out the work at the Terrace, BC geothermal project. Near the location of one of the world’s largest hot springs, Borealis is currently refining its reservoir model in advance of drilling in 2019. Geothermal power and heat are renewable energies well positioned to support the local and national economy as well as the environment,” stated Alison Thompson, CEO of Borealis GeoPower Inc.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit