Airbus Helicopters developed, within the 2018 top irritant program, a new solution to reduce the maintenance burden on the Main Rotor Blade vibration absorber for the H145 aircraft:
- To switch the lubricating oil type in the vibration absorbers from MIL-PRF-23699 (CM 103) to ZNF-L-3001(CM 1001). The oil change requires approximately 2 hours per blade for a dynamic mechanic.
- To install new designed shaft seals (inner shaft seal P/N B621M30X1205 and outer shaft seal P/N B621M30X1206). The seals change requires approximately 3 hours per blade.
- Operators will benefit from reduced mechanical parts’ wear and enhanced protection from leak tightness.
This solution is available for BK117 C-2 and D2 through Service Bulletins (SB MBB‐BK117 C‐2‐62‐015 and SB MBB‐BK117 D‐2‐62‐010). All products are mixable, the former oil can be used with the new shaft seals and the new oil can be used with the old shaft seals.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards