Airbus Helicopters developed, within the 2018 top irritant program, a new solution to reduce the maintenance burden on the Main Rotor Blade vibration absorber for the H145 aircraft:
- To switch the lubricating oil type in the vibration absorbers from MIL-PRF-23699 (CM 103) to ZNF-L-3001(CM 1001). The oil change requires approximately 2 hours per blade for a dynamic mechanic.
- To install new designed shaft seals (inner shaft seal P/N B621M30X1205 and outer shaft seal P/N B621M30X1206). The seals change requires approximately 3 hours per blade.
- Operators will benefit from reduced mechanical parts’ wear and enhanced protection from leak tightness.
This solution is available for BK117 C-2 and D2 through Service Bulletins (SB MBB‐BK117 C‐2‐62‐015 and SB MBB‐BK117 D‐2‐62‐010). All products are mixable, the former oil can be used with the new shaft seals and the new oil can be used with the old shaft seals.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award