Airbus Helicopters developed, within the 2018 top irritant program, a new solution to reduce the maintenance burden on the Main Rotor Blade vibration absorber for the H145 aircraft:
- To switch the lubricating oil type in the vibration absorbers from MIL-PRF-23699 (CM 103) to ZNF-L-3001(CM 1001). The oil change requires approximately 2 hours per blade for a dynamic mechanic.
- To install new designed shaft seals (inner shaft seal P/N B621M30X1205 and outer shaft seal P/N B621M30X1206). The seals change requires approximately 3 hours per blade.
- Operators will benefit from reduced mechanical parts’ wear and enhanced protection from leak tightness.
This solution is available for BK117 C-2 and D2 through Service Bulletins (SB MBB‐BK117 C‐2‐62‐015 and SB MBB‐BK117 D‐2‐62‐010). All products are mixable, the former oil can be used with the new shaft seals and the new oil can be used with the old shaft seals.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management