When you hear the sound of a STARS helicopter, you know it is involved in a life-saving mission. When you buy your STARS lottery ticket, you join the fight to save lives.
The 26th edition of the STARS lottery launched today offering 2,809 prizes, valued at over $4.5 million. LUCKY STARS 50/50 is back again and this year a lucky ticket buyer could win up to $2 million, Alberta’s largest 50/50 prize ever.
“STARS relies on the support of our allies across Alberta to keep us on the cutting edge of critical care,” said STARS president and CEO, Andrea Robertson. “The need is real. Every day, STARS responds to an average of five emergency calls in Alberta. A STARS lottery ticket gives you the chance to win some terrific prizes and ensures that each person who needs emergency medical care receives it quickly.”
“The sight of a red STARS helicopter is a beacon of hope for those in their moments of need,” said Robertson. “When you support STARS, you ride along with us on every mission.”
There are three grand prize show homes, a $963,395 early bird luxury lifestyle package prize, two high-end vehicles or their cash value and five terrific vacation packages. The three homes are located in Edmonton, Calgary and Lethbridge and are worth a total of more than $2.6 million. Each ticket purchased is eligible to win any or all of the homes.
The early bird prize this year is a luxurious, fully-furnished townhome on Kelowna’s Sunset Drive (valued at $913,395) along with $20,000 in amazing perks: including one-year playing privileges at Predator Ridge Golf Club, Aqua Boat Club (Gold) and Cedar Creek Estate Winery (Platinum), plus $30,000 cash – and it can be won by those who buy their tickets before the February 28 early bird prize cutoff date.
There are also two chances to board STARS and see the inside workings of the life-saving helicopter and go on a flight.
Buyers are eligible for all prize draws if tickets are purchased prior to the applicable deadlines. After each draw, the ticket stub goes back into the drum.
Lottery ticket prices are 1 for $30, 3 for $60, 6 for $100 and 18 for $250. Lucky STARS 50/50 tickets are 1 for $10, 5 for $25 and 15 for $50.
Visit starslotteryalberta.ca or call 1-888-880-0992. Early bird draw is March 15, with ticket cutoff on February 28. All final draws will be held on April 4, 5, 8 and 9, with ticket sales cutoff on March 21.
Lottery licence number is 508245. LUCKY STARS 50/50 licence number is 508246.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management