When you hear the sound of a STARS helicopter, you know it is involved in a life-saving mission. When you buy your STARS lottery ticket, you join the fight to save lives.
The 26th edition of the STARS lottery launched today offering 2,809 prizes, valued at over $4.5 million. LUCKY STARS 50/50 is back again and this year a lucky ticket buyer could win up to $2 million, Alberta’s largest 50/50 prize ever.
“STARS relies on the support of our allies across Alberta to keep us on the cutting edge of critical care,” said STARS president and CEO, Andrea Robertson. “The need is real. Every day, STARS responds to an average of five emergency calls in Alberta. A STARS lottery ticket gives you the chance to win some terrific prizes and ensures that each person who needs emergency medical care receives it quickly.”
“The sight of a red STARS helicopter is a beacon of hope for those in their moments of need,” said Robertson. “When you support STARS, you ride along with us on every mission.”
There are three grand prize show homes, a $963,395 early bird luxury lifestyle package prize, two high-end vehicles or their cash value and five terrific vacation packages. The three homes are located in Edmonton, Calgary and Lethbridge and are worth a total of more than $2.6 million. Each ticket purchased is eligible to win any or all of the homes.
The early bird prize this year is a luxurious, fully-furnished townhome on Kelowna’s Sunset Drive (valued at $913,395) along with $20,000 in amazing perks: including one-year playing privileges at Predator Ridge Golf Club, Aqua Boat Club (Gold) and Cedar Creek Estate Winery (Platinum), plus $30,000 cash – and it can be won by those who buy their tickets before the February 28 early bird prize cutoff date.
There are also two chances to board STARS and see the inside workings of the life-saving helicopter and go on a flight.
Buyers are eligible for all prize draws if tickets are purchased prior to the applicable deadlines. After each draw, the ticket stub goes back into the drum.
Lottery ticket prices are 1 for $30, 3 for $60, 6 for $100 and 18 for $250. Lucky STARS 50/50 tickets are 1 for $10, 5 for $25 and 15 for $50.
Visit starslotteryalberta.ca or call 1-888-880-0992. Early bird draw is March 15, with ticket cutoff on February 28. All final draws will be held on April 4, 5, 8 and 9, with ticket sales cutoff on March 21.
Lottery licence number is 508245. LUCKY STARS 50/50 licence number is 508246.
- Jolly Green II HH-60W begins live-fire testing
- Hill Helicopters unveils interior concept for its new HX50
- Celebrate Girls in Aviation Day – September 26, 2020
- US Marine Corps use 3D printing for new MH-60S comms system
- First ACH145 helicopter delivered to Russia
- Bell Announces Collaboration with Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH (ESG)
- Rostec starts assembling parts for the first Russian offshore Mi-171A3
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires