In December 2018, GKN Fokker Services delivered its 10,000th order for standard parts to the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF). The order was delivered at the Air Force Base of Eindhoven. This milestone was reached 18 months after the implementation of the total support contract. This customized solution is offered by GKN Fokker Services in Hoofddorp (NL) and provides the RNLAF with one single point of contact for all standard parts requirements.
The total support solution covers the delivery of the standard parts and additional services such as transportation, management of storage systems, forecasting and stock storage.
RNLAF’s fleet of Apache, Chinook and Cougar helicopters, as well as the F-16’s, PC-7’s and the KDC-10 tanker aircraft, are included in the agreement. All orders are processed via GKN Fokker Services’ secure and dedicated customer portal, which is seamlessly integrated with back-office systems.
Jeroen Ridderhof, Supply Chain Management at the RNLAF said: “This solution provides us with the anticipated advantages and the high level of unburdening, a cleaner and simplified supply chain against an increased availability of parts. We are happy that we can look back at a successful implementation and reached this important milestone with our strategic partner GKN Fokker”.
Marcel van Hilten, Business Development at GKN Fokker Services said: “We are proud of the successful implementation of this jointly developed solution. We look forward to expand our relationship with RNLAF. The success of the total support solution for this specific group of parts and services will strengthen the position of GKN Fokker in the military support market.”
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring
- BAC Helicopters helps fight locust swarms in Kenya
- Astronautics RoadRunner EFI installed in Santa Barbara County Black Hawk
- Boost Systems improves HEC Suspension Line System
- Deadline to Apply for WAI Scholarships Here
- New-generation Euroflir410 selected for NH90 TFRA & Special forces
- Leonardo demonstrates helicopter-UAV teaming in the UK with its AW159 Wildcat
- Starspeed to manage two H145s on new polar vessel Ultramarine
- Ontario gold prospecting uses helicopter-borne geophysical survey
- Leonardo CEO Profumo given 6 year jail sentence and €2.5M file
- US Marine Corps retires AH-1W Cobra after 34 years
- NHV Group appoints Head of Commercial
- Simrik Air has initiated air ambulance services for COVID-19 patients
- CAE hands over CAE 700MR NH90 simulator to Royal New Zealand Air Force
- Helipad reopens at Ellwood City Medical Center
- Russian Helicopters delivers five Mi-8MTV-1