In December 2018, GKN Fokker Services delivered its 10,000th order for standard parts to the Royal Netherlands Air Force (RNLAF). The order was delivered at the Air Force Base of Eindhoven. This milestone was reached 18 months after the implementation of the total support contract. This customized solution is offered by GKN Fokker Services in Hoofddorp (NL) and provides the RNLAF with one single point of contact for all standard parts requirements.
The total support solution covers the delivery of the standard parts and additional services such as transportation, management of storage systems, forecasting and stock storage.
RNLAF’s fleet of Apache, Chinook and Cougar helicopters, as well as the F-16’s, PC-7’s and the KDC-10 tanker aircraft, are included in the agreement. All orders are processed via GKN Fokker Services’ secure and dedicated customer portal, which is seamlessly integrated with back-office systems.
Jeroen Ridderhof, Supply Chain Management at the RNLAF said: “This solution provides us with the anticipated advantages and the high level of unburdening, a cleaner and simplified supply chain against an increased availability of parts. We are happy that we can look back at a successful implementation and reached this important milestone with our strategic partner GKN Fokker”.
Marcel van Hilten, Business Development at GKN Fokker Services said: “We are proud of the successful implementation of this jointly developed solution. We look forward to expand our relationship with RNLAF. The success of the total support solution for this specific group of parts and services will strengthen the position of GKN Fokker in the military support market.”
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support