S.A.F.E. Structure Designs, a world leader in ergonomic safety-first aviation, marine, and industrial maintenance equipment has signed an agreement to partner with THERN in a joint effort to create a helical air winch system specifically used for aircraft support equipment that is not yet available on the market.
S.A.F.E. specializes in the precise design and manufacturing of aviation maintenance stands, fall protection platforms, production line platforms, hangar equipment, portable field equipment, various types of steel structures, and specialty tooling for all components. The helical air winch system will exclusively be a proprietary S.A.F.E. Structure system in various hangar equipment applications. With a deep understanding of aviation mechanic’s needs, S.A.F.E.’s key role in the partnership is in providing the designs. With THERN’s expertise in air winch systems, they will execute engineering for the project. Both companies will take part in manufacturing the components based on skill set and S.A.F.E. will complete final assembly of the support equipment.
Over the past year, S.A.F.E. has defined a need in the aviation industry for the helical air winch system and has already begun developing concepts. Studies on this system where used in marine industry to confirm that the new helical air system is more durable, cost effective, and requires less maintenance. In some applications, it can even replace traditional hydraulic and electric winch driven systems. The new system can be applied to several hanger equipment and portable field equipment applications. S.A.F.E. expects to announce the new product concepts and begin building the aircraft support equipment prototype by the end of 2019. S.A.F.E. Structure Designs provides maintenance safety equipment in manufacturing and maintenance facilities around the world because it understands the value in safety and efficiency knowing how to provide you with both.
“ S.A.F.E. Structure appreciates and understands the collaborative efforts required to produce the most ergonomic products available on the market. When vetting partners for this project, THERN proved to be the leader and an outstanding team driven company.” Johnny Buscema, President and CEO of SAFE Structure Designs.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards