S.A.F.E. Structure Designs, a world leader in ergonomic safety-first aviation, marine, and industrial maintenance equipment has signed an agreement to partner with THERN in a joint effort to create a helical air winch system specifically used for aircraft support equipment that is not yet available on the market.
S.A.F.E. specializes in the precise design and manufacturing of aviation maintenance stands, fall protection platforms, production line platforms, hangar equipment, portable field equipment, various types of steel structures, and specialty tooling for all components. The helical air winch system will exclusively be a proprietary S.A.F.E. Structure system in various hangar equipment applications. With a deep understanding of aviation mechanic’s needs, S.A.F.E.’s key role in the partnership is in providing the designs. With THERN’s expertise in air winch systems, they will execute engineering for the project. Both companies will take part in manufacturing the components based on skill set and S.A.F.E. will complete final assembly of the support equipment.
Over the past year, S.A.F.E. has defined a need in the aviation industry for the helical air winch system and has already begun developing concepts. Studies on this system where used in marine industry to confirm that the new helical air system is more durable, cost effective, and requires less maintenance. In some applications, it can even replace traditional hydraulic and electric winch driven systems. The new system can be applied to several hanger equipment and portable field equipment applications. S.A.F.E. expects to announce the new product concepts and begin building the aircraft support equipment prototype by the end of 2019. S.A.F.E. Structure Designs provides maintenance safety equipment in manufacturing and maintenance facilities around the world because it understands the value in safety and efficiency knowing how to provide you with both.
“ S.A.F.E. Structure appreciates and understands the collaborative efforts required to produce the most ergonomic products available on the market. When vetting partners for this project, THERN proved to be the leader and an outstanding team driven company.” Johnny Buscema, President and CEO of SAFE Structure Designs.
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO