S.A.F.E. Structure Designs, a world leader in ergonomic safety-first aviation, marine, and industrial maintenance equipment has signed an agreement to partner with THERN in a joint effort to create a helical air winch system specifically used for aircraft support equipment that is not yet available on the market.
S.A.F.E. specializes in the precise design and manufacturing of aviation maintenance stands, fall protection platforms, production line platforms, hangar equipment, portable field equipment, various types of steel structures, and specialty tooling for all components. The helical air winch system will exclusively be a proprietary S.A.F.E. Structure system in various hangar equipment applications. With a deep understanding of aviation mechanic’s needs, S.A.F.E.’s key role in the partnership is in providing the designs. With THERN’s expertise in air winch systems, they will execute engineering for the project. Both companies will take part in manufacturing the components based on skill set and S.A.F.E. will complete final assembly of the support equipment.
Over the past year, S.A.F.E. has defined a need in the aviation industry for the helical air winch system and has already begun developing concepts. Studies on this system where used in marine industry to confirm that the new helical air system is more durable, cost effective, and requires less maintenance. In some applications, it can even replace traditional hydraulic and electric winch driven systems. The new system can be applied to several hanger equipment and portable field equipment applications. S.A.F.E. expects to announce the new product concepts and begin building the aircraft support equipment prototype by the end of 2019. S.A.F.E. Structure Designs provides maintenance safety equipment in manufacturing and maintenance facilities around the world because it understands the value in safety and efficiency knowing how to provide you with both.
“ S.A.F.E. Structure appreciates and understands the collaborative efforts required to produce the most ergonomic products available on the market. When vetting partners for this project, THERN proved to be the leader and an outstanding team driven company.” Johnny Buscema, President and CEO of SAFE Structure Designs.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award