S.A.F.E. Structure Designs, a world leader in ergonomic safety-first aviation, marine, and industrial maintenance equipment has signed an agreement to partner with THERN in a joint effort to create a helical air winch system specifically used for aircraft support equipment that is not yet available on the market.
S.A.F.E. specializes in the precise design and manufacturing of aviation maintenance stands, fall protection platforms, production line platforms, hangar equipment, portable field equipment, various types of steel structures, and specialty tooling for all components. The helical air winch system will exclusively be a proprietary S.A.F.E. Structure system in various hangar equipment applications. With a deep understanding of aviation mechanic’s needs, S.A.F.E.’s key role in the partnership is in providing the designs. With THERN’s expertise in air winch systems, they will execute engineering for the project. Both companies will take part in manufacturing the components based on skill set and S.A.F.E. will complete final assembly of the support equipment.
Over the past year, S.A.F.E. has defined a need in the aviation industry for the helical air winch system and has already begun developing concepts. Studies on this system where used in marine industry to confirm that the new helical air system is more durable, cost effective, and requires less maintenance. In some applications, it can even replace traditional hydraulic and electric winch driven systems. The new system can be applied to several hanger equipment and portable field equipment applications. S.A.F.E. expects to announce the new product concepts and begin building the aircraft support equipment prototype by the end of 2019. S.A.F.E. Structure Designs provides maintenance safety equipment in manufacturing and maintenance facilities around the world because it understands the value in safety and efficiency knowing how to provide you with both.
“ S.A.F.E. Structure appreciates and understands the collaborative efforts required to produce the most ergonomic products available on the market. When vetting partners for this project, THERN proved to be the leader and an outstanding team driven company.” Johnny Buscema, President and CEO of SAFE Structure Designs.
- AEM Plans for Continued Growth with New Facility
- Winners of 37th Annual VFS Student Design Competition announced
- Jolly Green II begins aerial refueling tests
- Great North Air Ambulance adds AS365N3+ Dauphin
- Western Australia police orders first five-bladed H145
- Wysong enterprises completes Eagle 407HP for Helicopter Express
- Bell Takes Manufacturing to New Heights
- Netherlands’ Chinook purchase strengthens US-Coalition capabilities
- Children’s Air Ambulance offers pioneering medical treatment
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000