S.A.F.E. Structure Designs, a world leader in ergonomic safety-first aviation, marine, and industrial maintenance equipment has signed an agreement to partner with THERN in a joint effort to create a helical air winch system specifically used for aircraft support equipment that is not yet available on the market.
S.A.F.E. specializes in the precise design and manufacturing of aviation maintenance stands, fall protection platforms, production line platforms, hangar equipment, portable field equipment, various types of steel structures, and specialty tooling for all components. The helical air winch system will exclusively be a proprietary S.A.F.E. Structure system in various hangar equipment applications. With a deep understanding of aviation mechanic’s needs, S.A.F.E.’s key role in the partnership is in providing the designs. With THERN’s expertise in air winch systems, they will execute engineering for the project. Both companies will take part in manufacturing the components based on skill set and S.A.F.E. will complete final assembly of the support equipment.
Over the past year, S.A.F.E. has defined a need in the aviation industry for the helical air winch system and has already begun developing concepts. Studies on this system where used in marine industry to confirm that the new helical air system is more durable, cost effective, and requires less maintenance. In some applications, it can even replace traditional hydraulic and electric winch driven systems. The new system can be applied to several hanger equipment and portable field equipment applications. S.A.F.E. expects to announce the new product concepts and begin building the aircraft support equipment prototype by the end of 2019. S.A.F.E. Structure Designs provides maintenance safety equipment in manufacturing and maintenance facilities around the world because it understands the value in safety and efficiency knowing how to provide you with both.
“ S.A.F.E. Structure appreciates and understands the collaborative efforts required to produce the most ergonomic products available on the market. When vetting partners for this project, THERN proved to be the leader and an outstanding team driven company.” Johnny Buscema, President and CEO of SAFE Structure Designs.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management