A major oil company has selected three Sikorsky S-92® helicopters to provide deepwater transportation to rigs off the shores of Mexico. Three fielded S-92 helicopters will support the client’s operations, including crew change and search and rescue. Sikorsky is a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT).
The S-92 operational tempo continues to grow with 2018 fleet flight hours increasing seven percent despite the downturn in offshore transportation demand.
“We are very happy the customer has selected the S-92 for this important service,” said David Martin, Sikorsky vice president of Oil & Gas. “We are respectful of the trust our customers place in us, and we are working hard to ensure this mature and reliable helicopter is also the most economical.”
Since 2016, Lockheed Martin has made significant investment into Sikorsky’s commercial sustainment to support both the S-92 and S-76® helicopters, including in a 24-hour, state-of-the-art Customer Care Center in Trumbull, Connecticut, the opening of four Forward Stocking Locations world-wide, an increase in the number of Sikorsky field service representatives as well as the continued authorization of Sikorsky Customer Support Centers.
Mexico’s Directorate General of Civil Aeronautics approved the offshore and utility type certificate for the Sikorsky S-92A helicopter in November of 2017.
Sikorsky has delivered more than 300 production S-92 helicopters since 2004. The industry standard for safety and reliability, the S-92 is the preferred aircraft of its size class for offshore oil worker transportation. In 2018, the fleet flew 175,000 hours, a record for the fleet, contributing to a total of nearly 1.5 million hours flown.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management