The government and industry cooperative effort to promote helicopter safety and reduce accidents and fatalities, the International Helicopter Safety Team, has now become the International Helicopter Safety Foundation (www.IHSF.aero).
The organization, which was formed in 2005, has been incorporated as a not-for-profit foundation because it has developed a permanent safety role within the worldwide helicopter industry. The aim of IHSF leadership is to continue that role into the future and to continue to support regional safety efforts around the world.
Cooperating entities of the IHSF include the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team, the European Safety Promotion Network-Rotorcraft, the Brazil Helicopter Safety Team, the Asia-Pacific Helicopter Safety Team, the Russian Helicopter Industry Association, and other organizations focused on helicopter safety. These groups are not affected by the IHSF change and they will continue their worldwide regional efforts.
The IHSF also has launched a new web address reflecting its new name: www.IHSF.aero
- Ultimate Heli Renewal of ISO 9001:2015 Certification
- Leonardo delivers its first basic training AW169 to the Italian Army
- Airbus forms Team Nightjar for Australian special ops bid
- Boston MedFlight Reaches 80,000 Patient Transport Milestone
- US approves sale of one Sikorsky UH-60M to Jordan
- Northrop Grumman Supports Government Flight Testing of the MQ-8C Fire Scout Radar
- TUM developing AR solution for ship landings in rough seas
- DRF take stock of the corona pandemic in Germany
- DSCA approves sale of 6 UH-60M to Lithuania
- AirLink lands at Klamath County Fire District
- Accel-KKR and ParkerGale join forces to back ATP in its acquisition of FlightDocs
- New helipad opens at Royal Devon and Exeter hospital
- DRF tests droplet spread inside helicopters
- HeliTSA launches Rolls-Royce M250/RR300 engine training
- UK AAIB Bulletin – July 2020
- 14th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Goes Virtual
- New South Wales Government supports eVTOL development with grant
- HeliOffshore Appoints Chief Executive Officer
- Patria consolidates its helicopter maintenance operations in Norway
- Russian Helicopters delivers two Mi-8MTV-1 to Yamal Airlines