The government and industry cooperative effort to promote helicopter safety and reduce accidents and fatalities, the International Helicopter Safety Team, has now become the International Helicopter Safety Foundation (www.IHSF.aero).
The organization, which was formed in 2005, has been incorporated as a not-for-profit foundation because it has developed a permanent safety role within the worldwide helicopter industry. The aim of IHSF leadership is to continue that role into the future and to continue to support regional safety efforts around the world.
Cooperating entities of the IHSF include the U.S. Helicopter Safety Team, the European Safety Promotion Network-Rotorcraft, the Brazil Helicopter Safety Team, the Asia-Pacific Helicopter Safety Team, the Russian Helicopter Industry Association, and other organizations focused on helicopter safety. These groups are not affected by the IHSF change and they will continue their worldwide regional efforts.
The IHSF also has launched a new web address reflecting its new name: www.IHSF.aero
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit