Alain Flourens, 61, currently Head of Engineering for Airbus Helicopters, has been appointed Head of Industry for Airbus Helicopters, following Christian Cornille’s departure from Airbus. Alain will be replaced in his current position by Stefan Thomé, 47, currently Head of New Business Models & Services at Airbus Defence and Space. These management changes are effective on 1 April 2019.
“I would like to sincerely thank Christian Cornille for his outstanding contributions throughout his 30-year career within the Airbus family”, said Bruno Even, Airbus Helicopters Chief Executive Officer. “The expertise of industrial topics that he developed in many management positions at Airbus, Aerolia, then Airbus Helicopters, has been essential to supporting the transformation of our industrial model and delivering new levels of quality and competitiveness. I wish him all the best in his professional and personal future.”
Alain Flourens joined Airbus Helicopters in February 2017 from Airbus Commercial Aircraft, where he held several assignments including Head of the A380 Programme, Head of the Single Aisle Programme, and Executive Vice President, Head of the Airbus Centres of Excellence. Flourens began his professional career in 1982 at the French Ministry of Defence. He graduated from the Ecole Polytechnique in Paris in 1980 and obtained a degree in engineering from Toulouse ISAE Institute in 1982.
With almost two decades of experience in helicopter engineering, Stefan Thomé held multiple management positions at Airbus Helicopters prior to joining Airbus Defence & Space in 2018. From 2013 to 2018, he worked as Head of Vehicle Integration & Doors Engineering, leading and managing all associated activities across Airbus Helicopters, while contributing to the definition of the Division’s research and innovation policy. Thomé has an aeronautical engineering degree from the University of Stuttgart.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management