Babcock International (Babcock) has appointed Simon Meakins as Director of its UK Offshore business, which provides crew change and search and rescue services to the oil and gas industry.
Simon, who trained as a helicopter pilot during his time with the RAF, has been with the business since 2011 and moves into the role of Director from his previous position as the company’s Director of Flight Operations.
He said: “I’m extremely pleased to move into this role. North Sea helicopter operations are an incredibly dynamic business that now more than ever demand total commitment to the highest standards in safety and customer service. Our teams in Aberdeen, Sumburgh and Blackpool have tremendous experience and we are proud to operate our mixed fleet of helicopters on behalf of some of the biggest names in oil and gas.
“I see a truly positive direction for this business and for the wider industry we serve. This is reflected in the number of exciting new opportunities we are currently pursuing with customers old and new.
“We have recently secured a new hangar at the East side of Aberdeen International Airport. This has further improved our capabilities in Aberdeen and underlines our commitment to the industry we have been serving for more than two decades.”
Babcock Offshore operates a fleet of more than 20 S-92 and H175 aircraft in the UK on behalf of several Oil and Gas companies. They also operate two specialist Search and Rescue helicopters which are dedicated to supporting the men and women working offshore in the North Sea with rapid response and high-quality medical care.
Simon takes over the role from Rob Dyas who has moved to a new position with Babcock in Canada.
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama
- Honeywell T55 Engine Powers New Future Vertical Lift Aircraft
- DRF makes successful start at new Bautzen base
- Universal Avionics Receives STC for InSight™ Touchscreen Control
- US State Dept sells little-used S61T fleet
- DRF Luftrettung buys Northern HeliCopter GmbH
- RUAG STC integrates customized avionics and night vision capabilities
- Sikorsky Teamsters Win the Ergo Cup
- ARH Tiger support contract extension announced
- Era Helicopters Wins 2019 NOIA Safety in Seas Award