Babcock International (Babcock) has appointed Simon Meakins as Director of its UK Offshore business, which provides crew change and search and rescue services to the oil and gas industry.
Simon, who trained as a helicopter pilot during his time with the RAF, has been with the business since 2011 and moves into the role of Director from his previous position as the company’s Director of Flight Operations.
He said: “I’m extremely pleased to move into this role. North Sea helicopter operations are an incredibly dynamic business that now more than ever demand total commitment to the highest standards in safety and customer service. Our teams in Aberdeen, Sumburgh and Blackpool have tremendous experience and we are proud to operate our mixed fleet of helicopters on behalf of some of the biggest names in oil and gas.
“I see a truly positive direction for this business and for the wider industry we serve. This is reflected in the number of exciting new opportunities we are currently pursuing with customers old and new.
“We have recently secured a new hangar at the East side of Aberdeen International Airport. This has further improved our capabilities in Aberdeen and underlines our commitment to the industry we have been serving for more than two decades.”
Babcock Offshore operates a fleet of more than 20 S-92 and H175 aircraft in the UK on behalf of several Oil and Gas companies. They also operate two specialist Search and Rescue helicopters which are dedicated to supporting the men and women working offshore in the North Sea with rapid response and high-quality medical care.
Simon takes over the role from Rob Dyas who has moved to a new position with Babcock in Canada.
- Italian National Fire Corps orders five more AW139s
- Safran unveils Add+ engine technological demonstrator
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- UK Government praises Air Ambulance charities
- AeroVironment buys VTOL UAS Developer Pulse Aerospace
- Airbus Helicopters supports modernisation of training centre in Ukraine
- French Air Force reinforce its fleet of H225Ms
- First ground run of Tech TP turboprop demonstrator by Safra
- Donaldson celebrates international sales growth
- Russian Helicopters demonstrates Ansat’s satellite communication system
- Rostec to show Ansat at Paris Air Show 2019
- SH09 third prototype flies higher and faster in Sicily
- Experts spell out actions for safety excellence
- Dallas Airmotive joins MRO Insider’s Network of Maintenance Providers
- Sundance Helicopters Partners with Hillsboro Heli Academy
- Devon Air Ambulance pilot elected to prestigious flight safety post
- Speakers for 10th Anniversary Aeromedical Conference
- EU wide rules on drones published
- VIKING secures offshore helicopter PPE contract
- HeliOffshore Appoints New Communications Director