Babcock International (Babcock) has appointed Simon Meakins as Director of its UK Offshore business, which provides crew change and search and rescue services to the oil and gas industry.
Simon, who trained as a helicopter pilot during his time with the RAF, has been with the business since 2011 and moves into the role of Director from his previous position as the company’s Director of Flight Operations.
He said: “I’m extremely pleased to move into this role. North Sea helicopter operations are an incredibly dynamic business that now more than ever demand total commitment to the highest standards in safety and customer service. Our teams in Aberdeen, Sumburgh and Blackpool have tremendous experience and we are proud to operate our mixed fleet of helicopters on behalf of some of the biggest names in oil and gas.
“I see a truly positive direction for this business and for the wider industry we serve. This is reflected in the number of exciting new opportunities we are currently pursuing with customers old and new.
“We have recently secured a new hangar at the East side of Aberdeen International Airport. This has further improved our capabilities in Aberdeen and underlines our commitment to the industry we have been serving for more than two decades.”
Babcock Offshore operates a fleet of more than 20 S-92 and H175 aircraft in the UK on behalf of several Oil and Gas companies. They also operate two specialist Search and Rescue helicopters which are dedicated to supporting the men and women working offshore in the North Sea with rapid response and high-quality medical care.
Simon takes over the role from Rob Dyas who has moved to a new position with Babcock in Canada.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards