Babcock International (Babcock) has appointed Simon Meakins as Director of its UK Offshore business, which provides crew change and search and rescue services to the oil and gas industry.
Simon, who trained as a helicopter pilot during his time with the RAF, has been with the business since 2011 and moves into the role of Director from his previous position as the company’s Director of Flight Operations.
He said: “I’m extremely pleased to move into this role. North Sea helicopter operations are an incredibly dynamic business that now more than ever demand total commitment to the highest standards in safety and customer service. Our teams in Aberdeen, Sumburgh and Blackpool have tremendous experience and we are proud to operate our mixed fleet of helicopters on behalf of some of the biggest names in oil and gas.
“I see a truly positive direction for this business and for the wider industry we serve. This is reflected in the number of exciting new opportunities we are currently pursuing with customers old and new.
“We have recently secured a new hangar at the East side of Aberdeen International Airport. This has further improved our capabilities in Aberdeen and underlines our commitment to the industry we have been serving for more than two decades.”
Babcock Offshore operates a fleet of more than 20 S-92 and H175 aircraft in the UK on behalf of several Oil and Gas companies. They also operate two specialist Search and Rescue helicopters which are dedicated to supporting the men and women working offshore in the North Sea with rapid response and high-quality medical care.
Simon takes over the role from Rob Dyas who has moved to a new position with Babcock in Canada.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management