MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) announced the delivery of the first five (5) MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters to the Afghan Air Force in Kandahar, Afghanistan. Ordered against MDHI’s 5-year, $1.4 billion IDIQ, these aircraft are the first of 30 new MD 530F Cayuse Warrior helicopters that will join the AAF Aviation Unit this year. Delivered in less than 10 months from the September 2017 contract award, the first five aircraft reached Kandahar on August 8, 2018, and were readied for active service in less than 10 days.
The IDIQ Contract vehicle ensures that an estimated quantity of 150 armed MD 530F Cayuse Warrior and/or MD 530G attack helicopters are available to U.S. and Partner Nation Military Aviation Forces.
“It is an honor to deliver these first five of 30 new Cayuse Warrior aircraft to the Afghan Air Force in support of their vigilant efforts to protect their country and their citizens in the global fight against terror,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc. “As a proud American manufacturer of the world’s most beloved airframe, our respect for the warfighter and our commitment to delivering effective and efficient attack helicopter solutions is unmatched.”
These aircraft are the first of a new generation of MD 530F Cayuse Warriors with MDHI’s newly certified glass cockpit that includes:
Howell Instruments Electronic Engine Instruments and Crew Alert System (EICAS)
Garmin G500[H] TXi Electronic Flight Instruments (EFIS) with Touchscreen GDU 700P PFD/MFD
Garmin GTN 650 Touchscreen NAV/COM/GPS
L-3 ESI 500 Electronic Standby Instrument
Mission Equipment enhancements for the MD 530F Cayuse Warrior also consist of a ballistically tolerant crashworthy fuel system, including both the main fuel tank and a 38-gallon Auxiliary Fuel Tank.
“The MD 530F Cayuse Warrior has played a critical role in creating an effective, efficient, and sustainable air force in Afghanistan,” Tilton concludes. “It has been a proven performer in support of training and combat operations since joining the Afghan fleet, and has evolved to become the standard for light scout attack helicopter solutions worldwide.”
Remaining aircraft deliveries on this initial Contract Delivery Order are on track to be complete well in advance of the September 2019 contract date.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot