Nearly two and a half years after its launch, Simhawk will change its name to Avmkt.com (pronounced av-ˈmɑrkət), to better represent the expanded services that are offered via its aviation marketplace.
In addition to matching buyers and sellers of simulator time and training, Avmkt.com will now connect buyers and sellers of other aviation services such as paint and interiors, avionics upgrades, aircraft maintenance and crew services.
“Working with thousands of Simhawk buyers and sellers over the past few years, we realized that the same challenges existed for pilots, aircraft owners, and operators looking to find and buy the numerous other services that are needed to keep them and their aircraft flying.” said Chris Weinberg, Founder and CEO of Avmkt.com. “Our customers loved being able to get bids from multiple suppliers without having to spend their time calling around and wanted the same kind of capabilities for the other services they need besides training.”
In support of this expansion, Avmkt.com released the next generation of its marketplace platform with significant improvements. Buyers can continue to post projects for suppliers to bid on but now can also create a profile of the services that they need, for specific aircraft, so they will be automatically notified whenever a supplier posts an offer.
Aviation suppliers can also post available capacity and directly reach operators of a specific aircraft type or category. This functionality is beneficial when a supplier has last-minute availability due to cancellations or other unforeseen circumstances.
“We offer an innovative procurement solution for individuals or companies that may not have the benefit of a formal purchasing or procurement function and unlike managed purchasing solutions, we don’t force buyers to deal with only selected suppliers.” explained Chris Weinberg. “On the flip side, we offer suppliers, of all sizes, an extremely cost effective way to access new customers and to market excess capacity via a new channel to qualified buyers.”
It is free to sign up for an Avmkt.com account and there are a variety of free and paid membership plans available depending on the service level desired. New buyers that sign up prior to the end of July will receive a free upgrade to the Avmkt Buyer Plus level. Additionally, it is free for contract or freelance pilots to list themselves for hire on the platform.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock