Nearly two and a half years after its launch, Simhawk will change its name to Avmkt.com (pronounced av-ˈmɑrkət), to better represent the expanded services that are offered via its aviation marketplace.
In addition to matching buyers and sellers of simulator time and training, Avmkt.com will now connect buyers and sellers of other aviation services such as paint and interiors, avionics upgrades, aircraft maintenance and crew services.
“Working with thousands of Simhawk buyers and sellers over the past few years, we realized that the same challenges existed for pilots, aircraft owners, and operators looking to find and buy the numerous other services that are needed to keep them and their aircraft flying.” said Chris Weinberg, Founder and CEO of Avmkt.com. “Our customers loved being able to get bids from multiple suppliers without having to spend their time calling around and wanted the same kind of capabilities for the other services they need besides training.”
In support of this expansion, Avmkt.com released the next generation of its marketplace platform with significant improvements. Buyers can continue to post projects for suppliers to bid on but now can also create a profile of the services that they need, for specific aircraft, so they will be automatically notified whenever a supplier posts an offer.
Aviation suppliers can also post available capacity and directly reach operators of a specific aircraft type or category. This functionality is beneficial when a supplier has last-minute availability due to cancellations or other unforeseen circumstances.
“We offer an innovative procurement solution for individuals or companies that may not have the benefit of a formal purchasing or procurement function and unlike managed purchasing solutions, we don’t force buyers to deal with only selected suppliers.” explained Chris Weinberg. “On the flip side, we offer suppliers, of all sizes, an extremely cost effective way to access new customers and to market excess capacity via a new channel to qualified buyers.”
It is free to sign up for an Avmkt.com account and there are a variety of free and paid membership plans available depending on the service level desired. New buyers that sign up prior to the end of July will receive a free upgrade to the Avmkt Buyer Plus level. Additionally, it is free for contract or freelance pilots to list themselves for hire on the platform.
- Online bookings open for new Isles of Scilly AW139 service
- Countdown to WAI Girls in Aviation Day Underway
- S.A.F.E. Successfully Completes STAGE 2 ISO 9001:2015 Audit
- NEXA Advisors Completes Landmark Urban Air Mobility Study
- Leonardo delivers AW119Kx VIP to customer in Chile
- Bell 407GXi earns IFR certification
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards