Nearly two and a half years after its launch, Simhawk will change its name to Avmkt.com (pronounced av-ˈmɑrkət), to better represent the expanded services that are offered via its aviation marketplace.
In addition to matching buyers and sellers of simulator time and training, Avmkt.com will now connect buyers and sellers of other aviation services such as paint and interiors, avionics upgrades, aircraft maintenance and crew services.
“Working with thousands of Simhawk buyers and sellers over the past few years, we realized that the same challenges existed for pilots, aircraft owners, and operators looking to find and buy the numerous other services that are needed to keep them and their aircraft flying.” said Chris Weinberg, Founder and CEO of Avmkt.com. “Our customers loved being able to get bids from multiple suppliers without having to spend their time calling around and wanted the same kind of capabilities for the other services they need besides training.”
In support of this expansion, Avmkt.com released the next generation of its marketplace platform with significant improvements. Buyers can continue to post projects for suppliers to bid on but now can also create a profile of the services that they need, for specific aircraft, so they will be automatically notified whenever a supplier posts an offer.
Aviation suppliers can also post available capacity and directly reach operators of a specific aircraft type or category. This functionality is beneficial when a supplier has last-minute availability due to cancellations or other unforeseen circumstances.
“We offer an innovative procurement solution for individuals or companies that may not have the benefit of a formal purchasing or procurement function and unlike managed purchasing solutions, we don’t force buyers to deal with only selected suppliers.” explained Chris Weinberg. “On the flip side, we offer suppliers, of all sizes, an extremely cost effective way to access new customers and to market excess capacity via a new channel to qualified buyers.”
It is free to sign up for an Avmkt.com account and there are a variety of free and paid membership plans available depending on the service level desired. New buyers that sign up prior to the end of July will receive a free upgrade to the Avmkt Buyer Plus level. Additionally, it is free for contract or freelance pilots to list themselves for hire on the platform.
- Falcon Aviation starts AW169 helicopter transport operations in Kuwait
- Vertical Flight Society to Highlight eVTOL Revolution at Heli-Expo 2019
- Upgrades to Inverness hospital life-Saving Helipad
- Portugal’s Air Force takes delivery of first two AW119Kx
- USCG starts MH-65E Initial Operational Test And Evaluation
- Honeywell to launch eVTOL hybrid-electric propulsion system at Heli-Expo 2019
- Advanced Turbine Engine Company Files Protest For ITEP
- Nominations Open for the International Aerial Firefighting Awards 2019
- Heligo receives its first H145
- DRF releases 2018 operating statistics
- IBAC Welcomes New IS-BAO Operations Manager
- HAL takes leading role in organising Aero India 2019
- Russian Helicopters identified potential partners in localization of Ka-226T in India
- DRF Luftrettung – “Use of unmanned aerial vehicles in emergency medicine”
- Genesys HeliSAS stability augmentation system now certified for IFR
- Ace Aeronautics sells three UH-60s to Austrian military
- DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training cooperate
- Russian Helicopters to take part in Aero India 2019
- Canada donates surplus Coast Guard Bo105 to BCIT
- Major PHI shareholder issues Open Letter to Management