Nearly two and a half years after its launch, Simhawk will change its name to Avmkt.com (pronounced av-ˈmɑrkət), to better represent the expanded services that are offered via its aviation marketplace.
In addition to matching buyers and sellers of simulator time and training, Avmkt.com will now connect buyers and sellers of other aviation services such as paint and interiors, avionics upgrades, aircraft maintenance and crew services.
“Working with thousands of Simhawk buyers and sellers over the past few years, we realized that the same challenges existed for pilots, aircraft owners, and operators looking to find and buy the numerous other services that are needed to keep them and their aircraft flying.” said Chris Weinberg, Founder and CEO of Avmkt.com. “Our customers loved being able to get bids from multiple suppliers without having to spend their time calling around and wanted the same kind of capabilities for the other services they need besides training.”
In support of this expansion, Avmkt.com released the next generation of its marketplace platform with significant improvements. Buyers can continue to post projects for suppliers to bid on but now can also create a profile of the services that they need, for specific aircraft, so they will be automatically notified whenever a supplier posts an offer.
Aviation suppliers can also post available capacity and directly reach operators of a specific aircraft type or category. This functionality is beneficial when a supplier has last-minute availability due to cancellations or other unforeseen circumstances.
“We offer an innovative procurement solution for individuals or companies that may not have the benefit of a formal purchasing or procurement function and unlike managed purchasing solutions, we don’t force buyers to deal with only selected suppliers.” explained Chris Weinberg. “On the flip side, we offer suppliers, of all sizes, an extremely cost effective way to access new customers and to market excess capacity via a new channel to qualified buyers.”
It is free to sign up for an Avmkt.com account and there are a variety of free and paid membership plans available depending on the service level desired. New buyers that sign up prior to the end of July will receive a free upgrade to the Avmkt Buyer Plus level. Additionally, it is free for contract or freelance pilots to list themselves for hire on the platform.
- China’s first Airbus H215 helicopter delivered
- Bell to display at FAMEX
- Russian Helicopters will participate in the FAMEX 2019 exhibition
- L3 MAS Awarded Five-Year Option In-Service Support Contracts
- Helijet renews British Columbia EMS contract
- Safran Awarded Patent for Turbine Engine Rapid Restart System Tests
- Next Airbus H125 for Simrik Air arrives this week
- Air Methods closes four bases in Oklahoma
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement