Aerial Search & Rescue Asia Pacific 2019, Australia’s inaugural aerial search and rescue event, expands its reach after Tangent Link’s successful series in Europe over the past six years.
Supported by the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA), whose search and rescue region covers 53 million square kilometres including the Australian continent, large areas of the Indian, Pacific and Southern Oceans as well as the Australian Antarctic territories, a tenth of the world’s surface, it seemed pertinent to bring the event down under.
The two-day conference includes a program covering operational and technical topics, along with the sharing of past experiences and exploring future plans providing delegates with a wide range of actionable material and the opportunity to consolidate on existing knowledge. Subjects to discuss include analysis of SAR in Australia, Malaysia, Papua New Guinea, the Philippines, the Maldives and Antarctica, as well as operational topics covering both fixed and rotary wings and the hot topic of drone regulation. Other presentations investigate the sharing of aerial assets across different mission types, the medical aspects of aerial SAR, leveraging a multi-national approach to SAR and ways of improving SAR capabilities through the use of Australia’s satellite positioning program.
Aerial SAR APAC 2019 will review the latest national and international management policies, provide case studies of recent operations and examine operating procedures. The event will also explore and demonstrate the latest technologies, debate and discuss the questions in the minds of the world’s leading exponents and deliberate over how the future of aerial SAR may look.
Speakers include experts from across the aerial SAR world, including
- Mick Kinley – Chief Executive Officer of Australian Maritime Safety Authority
- David Edwards – International Search & Rescue expert, US Coast Guard
- Karel Nemec – Director of Rescue Coordination Centre, LPS SR š. p., Slovakia
- Martin Boyle – Planning, Projects & Risk Manager for the Australian Antarctic Division, Dept of Environment and Energy in Australia
- First Admiral Mohd Izhar bin Hassan – Director, Air Operation Division, Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Agency
International government and military SAR delegations will be joining us from Fiji, the Maldives, Malaysia, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Samoa, Seychelles, Slovakia and the USA along with their Australian counterparts.
Additionally, to accessing the conference and exhibition, delegates can join us at the associated networking functions as well as the static display where AMSA’s SAR Challenger Jet will be on display.
Company presentations from sponsors including Cobham Aviation Services, Babcock, Toll Helicopters, Sentient Vision Systems and other significant vendors in the aerial SAR world.
The accompanying industry specific exhibition provides delegates with the opportunity to discuss topics in more detail on a one-to-one basis with the company representatives attending. Exhibitors include Air Affairs Australia, Astronics, Axnes AS, Bristow Group, CarteNav Solutions, Collins Aerospace, Dallas Airmotive, DART Aerospace, Nautilus Aviation, Overwatch Imaging, Point Trading Group, Sikorsky and Toll Group.
For more information on Aerial Search & Rescue Asia Pacific 2019 please visit www.sar-apac.com.
About Tangent Link
In 2003 Tangent Link, with offices in the UK and Australia, set out to transform the way aerospace and defence events and conferences were delivered putting their client at the centre of what we deliver, putting their needs first.
Tangent Link’s operating promise is simple: To use our knowledge to help our clients understand their markets of interest quickly and cost effectively and provide a platform for each client to secure meaningful revenue generating opportunities.
For more on Tangent Link please visit the website www.tangentlink.com.
Please Note: All suitable government and military SAR delegations are invited to attend A-SAR19 on a complimentary basis and for further information please contact Julia Guy at [email protected] or at +61 (02) 4429 3933.
- Leonardo and the Italian National Fire Corps announce a major step
- Bell Announces Role for Ozark Facility in Proposal for US Navy Trainer Replacement
- Additional certification for DART’s EC/H130 Emergency Flotation System
- Electric helicopter creators to receive award
- Indonesian military orders another Super Puma from local production line
- Russian Helicopters plans on ditching western-built engines
- New Wheeler Army Airfield Airspace Design
- EFW Awarded $18M Contract for Procurement of 13 V-22 Processors
- Sikorsky Awarded $23M Contract for UH-60 Overhaul
- Airbus awarded Australia’s ARH Tiger support contract extension
- VIH Aerospace Achieves AS9100D Certification
- Heli-One and Caverton Sign Support Agreement
- FlightSafety integrates its Mixed Reality and VITAL 1100 Visual Systems
- H135 final assembly line starts operations
- P&WC adds Designated Maintenance Facility in China for AW139 operators
- AVX Aircraft and L3 Technologies Unveil Leap-Ahead Design
- 360-Degree Pilot Visual System Completes First Flight
- MD Helicopters enhances MD969
- Pilot shortage at Nassau County Police unit
- Air Methods closes Rainbow City base in Alabama