Following the loss of the contract with Perenco, Babcock MCS Offshore have closed their base at Norwich and the four Leonardo AW139s which they operated from there have been dispersed.
In the early days of January, two of the four AW139s based there (G-PERD and G-VINC) were ferried to Babcock’s facility in Aberdeen. The third aircraft, G-VINB, has been passed back to its leasing company owner and was ferried to Liege in Belgium on 15th January. The aircraft is now at the facility of manufacturer owned Agusta Aerospace Services, pending a new lease.
The last AW139, G-VINJ, was ferried from Norwich to Aberdeen last week on February 7th, thus closing links between Babcock and Norwich Airport.
Babcock also has no operational presence at Humberside Airport, and their only involvement there is the long-term storage of Airbus AS332L2s and EC225s.
The departure from Norwich leaves Babcock MCS Offshore with no current operations on the southern North Sea.
Babcock MCS Offshore continue to fly from Aberdeen and Sumburgh on the North Sea and from Blackpool on the Irish Sea.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- Heli-Union wins long-term Perenco AW139 contract in Gabon
- 02-Feb-19 5N-CML Leonardo AW139 Kabba, Nigeria
- 29-Dec-18 Leonardo AW139 Jebel Jais, UAE (4F)
- LA Fire Department adds 5th AW139 helicopter
- Italian National Fire Corps to enhance its emergency multirole airborne capabilities
- India approves Donaldson IBFs in AW139 and H130
- Castle Air adds AW139 to London Heli Shuttle
- Mitsui Bussan signs four-helicopter contract
- ASESA strengthens helicopter fleet in Mexico
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- China approves Coptersafety simulators
- Leonardo sells 15 AW139s into China, with 160 to follow
- Victoria Police to replace Dauphins with AW139s
- LCI completes AW139 transition with Elitaliana
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- HeliOffshore held the 2nd in a series of Human Hazard Analysis workshops
- Specialist Aviation Services ranked ‘Excellent’
- Bristow Caribbean marks 30,000 hour milestone in AW139 fleet
- CHC implements real-time HUMS
- ACE Training Centre adds new AW139 and B412 approvals