The device is a satellite-supported tracking system. With the support of the system, flight paths can be tracked worldwide via internet in real time.
“For the installation of the system, parts were manufactured and the cables were routed. The spider can be mounted variably in the cockpit”, said Joachim Kies, Head of Operational Business SPAES.
The portable device has an antenna and can be used immediately. It transmits during the flight GPS position data, information data to height and speed as well as the direction by the Iridium satellite network to a server. The data transfer automatically starts with power supply.
The helicopter, equipped with the tracking system, is used for operation in regions in which data transmission is only possible by satellite transfer.
A minor change has been created in the EASA Part 21J design organization of SPAES.
- Dickson sworn in as new FAA Administrator
- Bell Announces 200th Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Delivery
- Pratt & Whitney to Open New Engine Overhaul Centre in Brazil
- Life Flight Network Achieves NAAMTA Medical Transport Accreditation
- WAI Receives Grant from the ISTAT Foundation
- Cornwall Air Ambulance appoints first Vice President
- Kopter enters the Brazilian market
- Leonardo confirms solid presence in the Brazilian VIP market at
- Elbit to supply components for CV-22 Color Helmet Mounted Display System
- East Anglia Air Ambulance to extend Norwich head office
- Forecast International Publishes White Paper on Global Outlook for Helicopters
- German NH90s get upgrade with Rohde & Schwarz radios
- Airbus now accepting nominations for sixth annual ‘Innovation in Safety Award’
- Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance Shortlisted for Third Sector Awards
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance partners with what3words app
- STARS announces winners of $4.1M Saskatchewan Lottery
- Genesys Aerosystems Equipped Leonardo TH-119 Achieves IFR Certification
- Boeing opens V-22 production facility
- Helicentre Announces Bristow CPL(H) Scholarship
- Keynote Speakers Announced for CHC Safety & Quality Summit