The Hungarian military have made a block purchase of nine Airbus (ex Eurocopter) EC135P2+ helicopters. This represented the portion of the Norwegian Air Ambulance (Norsk Luftambulanse) fleet which was superceded by later purchases including one EC135P2+, three EC135P3s and eight H135s.
Gradually over the latter months of 2018, these nine helicopters have had their ownership changed on the Norwegian civil register to “Ministry of Defense Electronics, Logistics and Property Management” at an address in Budapest, Hungary. Starting in January, the first three have now been cancelled from the Norwegian register, and the helicopters have also been transported by road to their new owner.
One of the EC135s was involved in an incident during ground transportation. On Monday 28th January, the truck carrying helicopter LN-OOD had a failure in its rear axle, resulting in it blocking the road when the trailer unit swung round and went over the safety barrier between the German towns of Kirchroth and Tiefenthal. While the helicopter sat at a jaunty angle for some hours, it was reportedly undamaged in the incident, which blocked the A3 road for several hours.
Serial numbers of the nine aircraft range between 0350 and 0736, built between 2003 and 2008.
Jeremy Parkin – HeliHub.com
- UT Health East Texas welcomes third rebranded EC135
- EC135 Reduced mandatory maintenance and flight checks
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers
- Polish Border Guard adds Airbus H135
- Gozo EMS operation upgrading to EC135
- DRF Luftrettung expands its H145 and H135 fleet
- NASA orders three Airbus H135s
- EASA approves STC for Trakka TLX searchlight on EC135
- Cayman Police replace damaged EC135 wtih second H145
- 723 Squadron helicopters achieve 10,000 flying hours
- Airbus launches retrofit solution for EC135 Electrical Master Boxes
- Metro first to STC H135 T3H Air Medical Interior
- Trump proposes import duties on Airbus helicopters built in EU
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- 24-Feb-19 9H-VIP Airbus EC135 Valetta, Malta
- 13-Feb-19 D-HJMD Airbus EC135P2 Neustadt an der Orla, Germany
- SPAES procures nine medical racks for EC135 installation