Last week (Thursday), Israel’s Ministry of Defense and the Italian Defense Ministry signed an agreement regarding the procurement of seven advanced military training helicopters for the Israeli Air Force.
According to the agreement, the Ministry of Defense will purchase seven AW119Kx helicopters in a deal that will see the Italian Defense Ministry buy an equivalent value of Israeli military technology. The helicopters – to be utilized at the Flight Academy in Hatzerim AFB – are due to gradually replace the Israeli Air Force’s current “Saifan” (Bell 206) training helicopter, which has been in use since the 1970s.
The helicopters, manufactured by the Italian “Leonardo” company, are utilized in dozens of police and defense forces around the world. The company has also manufactured the “Lavi” (M-346) trainer aircraft, integrated by the force approximately five years ago.
As part of the “Lavi” agreement signed in 2011, 30 trainer aircraft were purchased. In exchange, the Italians purchased an equivalent value of Israeli aerospace technology, including satellites and surveillance aircraft. To this day, the “Lavi” aircraft have operated for tens of thousands of hours and are considered a great success.
- US Navy selects Leonardo AW119 for trainer – first order for 32 placed
- Brazil approves Astronautics EFI on AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves Astronautics EFI on Leonardo AW109 and AW119
- Nepalese Army Agusta AW139 makes maiden flight form Kathmandu
- Nepalese Army takes delivery of AW139
- Leonardo performs TH-119 avionics power
- Leonardo adds Authorised Service Centre in Chile
- FAA approves AMS lightweight medical interior for AW109 and AW119
- FAA approves AMS ambulance interior for AW119 and AW109
- Uralhelicom sees increase in new helicopter sales
- 09-Jun-17 VT-NRK AgustaWestland AW119 Badrinath, India (1F)
- Israel and Italy Discuss Training Helicopter Contract
- Leonardo strengthens strategic partnership with Shanghai Zenisun
- FAA approves Sky Connect Tracker III on AW109 and AW119
- Able Aerospace Services joins Leonardo Helicopters service network
- Leonardo adds AW169 and AW189 to Kaan Air distributor agreement in Turkey
- AgustaWestland sold $1.3 Billion worth of helicopters to Algeria
- New Mexico – Lifeguard Air Emergency Services to launch AW119Kx operations
- Finmeccanica picks FreeFlight RA4500 radalt as AW119 standard
- Life Link III awarded re-accreditation by CAMTS