GPMS has entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Bell for GPMS’ Foresight MX predictive health monitoring system on Bell 407 helicopter models. The agreement allows Bell to leverage the industry’s first true predictive health management system for helicopters and rotating industrial equipment to enhance the safety, and reduce operating costs and unscheduled maintenance events for helicopter operators.
Foresight MX is a compact, lightweight system that is simple to install even where space constraints exist.
Distributed as the Bell 407 HUMS and available exclusively through Aeronautical Accessories, a Bell Brand, the GPMS solution provides innovative signal filtering technology and prognostic algorithms which enhance reporting accuracy. The cloud-based interface provides intuitive, actionable information that enables immediate ROI by reducing operating cost and unscheduled downtime.
“We greatly appreciate the confidence Bell has in the GPMS Foresight MX HUMS technology,” said GPMS founder and CEO, Dr. Eric Bechhoefer. “The partnership between Bell and GPMS reflects a deeper commitment to drive the industry into the next phase of innovation.”
The Bell 407 HUMS received STC certification from the FAA in 2018. The modernized HUMS system weighs less than 9 pounds including all hardware, cable, and mounting components. It is Part 135 compliant for air medical use, and offers a full scope of functionality including mechanical diagnostics and prognostics, engine performance monitoring, exceedance monitoring, flight regime recognition, automated data acquisition, and automated, optimized solutions for rotor, track and balance. The 407 HUMS provides automatic alerting through email and SMS and an intuitive, simple user interface accessible through a standard web browser on a laptop, desktop, tablet or cell phone.
Editor note – See also Making it in Vermont: Small company lands large helicopter tech contract (VT Digger)
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020