GPMS has entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Bell for GPMS’ Foresight MX predictive health monitoring system on Bell 407 helicopter models. The agreement allows Bell to leverage the industry’s first true predictive health management system for helicopters and rotating industrial equipment to enhance the safety, and reduce operating costs and unscheduled maintenance events for helicopter operators.
Foresight MX is a compact, lightweight system that is simple to install even where space constraints exist.
Distributed as the Bell 407 HUMS and available exclusively through Aeronautical Accessories, a Bell Brand, the GPMS solution provides innovative signal filtering technology and prognostic algorithms which enhance reporting accuracy. The cloud-based interface provides intuitive, actionable information that enables immediate ROI by reducing operating cost and unscheduled downtime.
“We greatly appreciate the confidence Bell has in the GPMS Foresight MX HUMS technology,” said GPMS founder and CEO, Dr. Eric Bechhoefer. “The partnership between Bell and GPMS reflects a deeper commitment to drive the industry into the next phase of innovation.”
The Bell 407 HUMS received STC certification from the FAA in 2018. The modernized HUMS system weighs less than 9 pounds including all hardware, cable, and mounting components. It is Part 135 compliant for air medical use, and offers a full scope of functionality including mechanical diagnostics and prognostics, engine performance monitoring, exceedance monitoring, flight regime recognition, automated data acquisition, and automated, optimized solutions for rotor, track and balance. The 407 HUMS provides automatic alerting through email and SMS and an intuitive, simple user interface accessible through a standard web browser on a laptop, desktop, tablet or cell phone.
Editor note – See also Making it in Vermont: Small company lands large helicopter tech contract (VT Digger)
- Canada – Nipawin Council hires heliport designer
- Armenian Ministry of Emergency Situations to add firefighting helicopter
- Two helipads decommissioned in downtown San Diego
- Metro Aviation welcomes Duke Life Flight
- Leonardo celebrates the tenth anniversary of AW159 Wildcat’s first flight
- VSR700 prototype performs first flight
- EMSA extends Schiebel Camcopter contract in Croatia
- Sikorsky Innovations Announces 9th Entrepreneurial Challenge Awardees
- Bell joins army partnership for youth success program
- Metro Aviation provides flight demos of the EC145e at AMTC 2019
- HAI Names Recipient of Salute to Excellence Humanitarian Service Award
- The Helicopter Company of Saudi Arabia takes delivery of its first AW139
- HAI Announces 2020 Recipient of Salute to Excellence Safety Award
- Safran makes management appointments
- Metro seeks STC for Stryker configurations in EC145
- FAA creates ADS-B privacy opt-out
- Luxaviation Helicopters at FLIBS for first time
- Launch of HeliSpeed Academy
- Hampshire and IOW Air Ambulance Take Flight for 9,000th Mission
- HAI Announces Recipient of 2020 Salute to Excellence Lifetime Achievement Award