GPMS has entered into an exclusive distribution agreement with Bell for GPMS’ Foresight MX predictive health monitoring system on Bell 407 helicopter models. The agreement allows Bell to leverage the industry’s first true predictive health management system for helicopters and rotating industrial equipment to enhance the safety, and reduce operating costs and unscheduled maintenance events for helicopter operators.
Foresight MX is a compact, lightweight system that is simple to install even where space constraints exist.
Distributed as the Bell 407 HUMS and available exclusively through Aeronautical Accessories, a Bell Brand, the GPMS solution provides innovative signal filtering technology and prognostic algorithms which enhance reporting accuracy. The cloud-based interface provides intuitive, actionable information that enables immediate ROI by reducing operating cost and unscheduled downtime.
“We greatly appreciate the confidence Bell has in the GPMS Foresight MX HUMS technology,” said GPMS founder and CEO, Dr. Eric Bechhoefer. “The partnership between Bell and GPMS reflects a deeper commitment to drive the industry into the next phase of innovation.”
The Bell 407 HUMS received STC certification from the FAA in 2018. The modernized HUMS system weighs less than 9 pounds including all hardware, cable, and mounting components. It is Part 135 compliant for air medical use, and offers a full scope of functionality including mechanical diagnostics and prognostics, engine performance monitoring, exceedance monitoring, flight regime recognition, automated data acquisition, and automated, optimized solutions for rotor, track and balance. The 407 HUMS provides automatic alerting through email and SMS and an intuitive, simple user interface accessible through a standard web browser on a laptop, desktop, tablet or cell phone.
Editor note – See also Making it in Vermont: Small company lands large helicopter tech contract (VT Digger)
- Boeing Awarded $8M Contract for AH-64 Support Services
- Sikorsky Awarded $1,126M Contract for Procurement of 12 CH-53K
- Safran appointed Executive VP Operations
- Bell Boeing JPO Awarded $42M Contract for V-22 Technical Support
- Russian Helicopters participate in SITDEF-2019
- New Chief Executive for Air Ambulance Kent Surrey Sussex
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats