Today Jämtlands Flyg announced on their Facebook page that they will cease operations as of mid-March. The 65 year old company says a highly competitive market with high demanding regulations unfortunately made them to make the hard decision to stop all operations. The company states that it is not a bankruptcy but a controlled closing of the company and that 12 employees will be affected.
Jämtlands Flyg is a remnant of the company Jämtlands Aero (1), which was founded by the legendary pioneer Gunnar ‘Spökis’ Andersson in 1954. The company started helicopter operations in 1962, and gradually sold off all their fixed wing aircraft. After Spökis lost his life in an accident in December 1974 his wife Dagmar took over the company.
In December 2007 Spökis’ granddaughter Sara Grinde took over as CEO from mother Siw A. Grinde.
In January 2011 Jämtlands Flyg was awarded the honorable title Royal Warrant Holder (Kunglig Hovleverantör) by His Majesty The King. The label is appointed to an exclusive amount of purveyors to the Royal Court of Sweden.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator
- PHi report on results for the year to 31 December 2018
- Hawker Pacific supplies bespoke mission system
- Bell delivers B505 Jet Ranger X to Stockton Police
- Savback Helicopters appoints new CEO
- Hensoldt enters into Framework Agreement with Airbus
- HELP Appeal donation funds new helipad for Maidstone Hospital
- Skyhunter Outfitters LLC Extends its 2019 Winter Season Hunt
- Official commentary on illegitimate overhaul of Mi-17V-5