Today Jämtlands Flyg announced on their Facebook page that they will cease operations as of mid-March. The 65 year old company says a highly competitive market with high demanding regulations unfortunately made them to make the hard decision to stop all operations. The company states that it is not a bankruptcy but a controlled closing of the company and that 12 employees will be affected.
Jämtlands Flyg is a remnant of the company Jämtlands Aero (1), which was founded by the legendary pioneer Gunnar ‘Spökis’ Andersson in 1954. The company started helicopter operations in 1962, and gradually sold off all their fixed wing aircraft. After Spökis lost his life in an accident in December 1974 his wife Dagmar took over the company.
In December 2007 Spökis’ granddaughter Sara Grinde took over as CEO from mother Siw A. Grinde.
In January 2011 Jämtlands Flyg was awarded the honorable title Royal Warrant Holder (Kunglig Hovleverantör) by His Majesty The King. The label is appointed to an exclusive amount of purveyors to the Royal Court of Sweden.
Reproduced from Nordic Rotors with permission. This is NOT a press release. HeliHub.com has an exclusive agreement with Nordic Rotors which allows us to reproduce stories, but not accompanying images. All images with this story have been separately researched by the HeliHub.com team. Copyright and full responsibility for the content of this article remains with Nordic Rotors.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment