Kopter Group will have a high-profile participation at this year’s Heli-Expo show in Atlanta, Georgia, USA, displaying a full-scale mock-up of its new SH09 helicopter outfitted with a seven-seat transport configuration (five passengers and two pilots) engineered and manufactured by Metro Aviation.
After developing SH09 law enforcement and EMS interiors, Metro Aviation has extended its cooperation with Kopter Group to feature this new cabin layout – once again emphasizing the SH09’s versatility and attributes.
The multi-role SH09 helicopter is a highly adaptive and versatile platform to transport passengers with the highest levels of safety, comfort and visibility. Thanks to its large cabin, the SH09 allows multiple interior layouts that provide ample legroom as well as flexibility for added luggage loaded through the rear clamshell doors. The helicopter’s low vibration levels with its five-blade main rotor, as well as the silent noise signature of a shrouded tail rotor, create the ultimate flying experience.
The SH09 mock-up is presented in the livery of Papillon Helicopter’s “Grand Canyon Golden Eagle” paint scheme. Widely regarded as one of the largest and most accomplished aerial sightseeing operators in the world and well known for their unforgettable Grand Canyon aerial excursions, Papillon Helicopters is a mainstay for helicopter tours from Las Vegas and Boulder City to the West Rim and other spectacular tours from the Grand Canyon’s South Rim. Papillon’s sister company Rainier Heli International Inc., an aircraft leasing company, has placed an SH09 order for 5 firm and 5 option positions.
In parallel with Kopter Group’s presence at Heli-Expo 2019, the company is continuing the SH09 flight test activities. Prototype 3 (P3) currently is operating from Kopter Group’s Mollis, Switzerland production facility ahead of its departure to Sicily for a campaign that is to significantly open the helicopter’s flight envelope.
Heli-Expo debut for VRM Switzerland’s innovative SH09 simulator
Included on Kopter Group’s booth will be the SH09 motion-based simulator from VRM Switzerland, which follows a newly-signed strategic alliance that enables both companies to jointly offer flight training solutions for the SH09. VRM Switzerland, based in the Innovation Park Zürich, has developed a highly innovative device that will allow SH09 customers to train more efficiently and cost-effectively – benefitting from features that include a high-resolution virtual reality visual system, a highly-dynamic six degree-of-freedom (6 DOF) motion platform, and a high-speed control unit that leverages the motion system’s full performance.
- Deadline for Salute to Excellence Awards Nominations closes Friday
- Bell Boeing awarded $27M contract for removal, repair and replacement of V-22 spindle bearings
- Vertical Aerospace secures £2.3 million UK Government funding
- Courts validates Air Methods $78 million settlement
- Baker Hughes Rig Count – 23 Oct 20
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified