[electronic translation] The DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training (LAT) plan closer cooperation in the future. Since fall 2018 LAT carries out the Human Factors Training (HFT) for the DRF Luftrettung. From 2020, both companies want to use synergies in pilot training and further education.
With almost 50 years of flying experience and approval as an “Approved Training Organization”, DRF Luftrettung offers extensive training and advanced training for pilots – most recently in cooperation with LAT.
With the investment in a first H 135 / H 145 Level D helicopter full flight simulator, Lufthansa Aviation Training is expanding its own training fleet of currently 53 full flight simulators with another state-of-the-art training device with interchangeable cockpit that covers both the H 135 and the H35 those of the H 145 can map. In 2020, the helicopter simulator will be put into operation at the largest training location of LAT in Frankfurt and will be available for the training of the DRF Luftrettung Academy from this time on. LAT and DRF Luftrettung also offer training for external customers who can benefit from the expertise of both companies. The flight instructors required for the training are provided by the DRF Luftrettung.
“The DRF Luftrettung and Lufthansa Aviation Training stand for high quality in their respective areas. In cooperation with LAT we can train our pilots at the highest technical level. In addition to the central accessibility of the training and education offer, also for international customers, this cooperation also represents an outstanding extension of the portfolio of our DRF Luftrettung academy, “said Dr. med. Peter Huber, CEO of the DRF Luftrettung.
The DRF Luftrettung owns more than 50 helicopters, which were alerted in 2018 to more than 40,000 missions. It is one of the civil operators of the night flight expert with the most helicopter flight hours in the dark. In the course of fleet modernization, the non-profit organization started operations in 2015 as the Launch Customer helicopter of the latest generation H 145, followed by the H 135 model in 2018. Both helicopter types are very well suited for nocturnal operations due to their features. Training on the new LAT helicopter simulator is important to DRF air rescue pilots against the background of the increasing importance of air rescue operations at night to familiarize themselves with helicopter flight characteristics and to train flight maneuvers.
“With the purchase of our first own helicopter simulator, we take another important step towards the complete aviation training provider. We are well established in the field of pilot training and are looking forward to the new challenge of opening up new markets with helicopter training, “said Ola Hansson, Managing Director of Lufthansa Aviation Training.
In addition to the cooperation in the area of simulator training, the DRF Luftrettung and LAT also cooperate in the area of Human Factors Training. Especially in rescue services, the quality of interpersonal communication and patient care is of crucial importance. Since autumn 2018 LAT carries out corresponding Human Factors Trainings for the DRF Luftrettung. However, both plan to expand their training portfolio in this area with a view to jointly developing a training specifically tailored to emergency rescue. Thus, external partners such as employees of control centers or the ground-based rescue service of the DRF Luftrettung can also be trained in a targeted manner.
In the course of this cooperation, DRF Luftrettung sets new standards in the training and further education of helicopter crews and the entire rescue chain with the Human Factors Training developed together with LAT, while LAT consistently expands its training business outside of the airline industry. Both companies are aiming for a pioneering role in the field of training for aviation, rescue and medicine.
At this year’s HAI HELI-EXPO from 4th to 7th March 2019 in Atlanta, USA, both the DRF Luftrettung Academy and LAT will have a booth.
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries opens H145-BK117 training centre at Gifu
- The Volume of Military and Technical Cooperation Between Russia and Belarus has Exceeded $1 bln
- Reiser to supply first helicopter simulator for Lufthansa Aviation Training
- VNH launches tourism flights with B505
- Oceania Aviation Prepare Right Hand H125/AS350 Cargo Pod
- HAI Releases New Reporting Tool For Rotorcraft Pilots
- European Defence Agency launches Dark Blade 2019 helicopter exercise
- Vertical Flight Society Announces 2019 Board of Directors
- JETNET to unveil new products, features at EBACE
- Veelo Technologies Displays VHA Blade at MRO Americas
- NHV joins HeliOffshore
- Robinson Delivers Two More Cadets
- New radar warning system reliably detects new types of threats
- P&WC announces new President
- BLADE’s New Helicopter Service Expands
- MARPA warns US manufacturers to check new EASA SMS proposals
- Coptersafety appointed new CEO
- Air Methods sets up agreement with Anthem in six states
- Qatar – AH-64E Apache Helicopters with Spare Parts and Related Equipment