Milestone Aviation Group Limited (Milestone), a GECAS company and the global leader in helicopter leasing, and Airbus Helicopters announced today that Heligo Charters Private Limited (HCPL), a Mumbai-based non-scheduled helicopter operator has taken delivery of its first H145 helicopter. The helicopter’s configuration will allow it to perform a variety of missions. The aircraft taken on lease from Milestone will start operations soon in the state of Jharkhand.
“We take immense pride in the fact that Heligo has placed its trust in Milestone’s certainty of execution to deliver the aircraft, coupled with our financial and technical capabilities. We look forward to continuing to grow this long-term relationship,” said Michael York, Senior Vice President of Commercial at Milestone.
HCPL is a leading onshore and offshore helicopter services provider to the oil & gas industry, corporate and VIP travel in India.. The company currently operates 10 helicopters, including four Airbus AS365 N3 Dauphins.
“HCPL will use the versatile H145 helicopter for a variety of missions. With enhanced safety features and a reputation for reduced maintenance, the H145 is an ideal craft for performing diverse roles,” said Capt K Padmanabhan, CEO, Heligo Charters Pvt Ltd.
Airbus’ H145 is the latest member of its 4-tonne-class twin-engine rotorcraft product range – with designed-in mission capability and flexibility, especially in high and hot operating conditions. Compact in size, this helicopter’s small footprint and large, flexible cabin makes it the aircraft of choice for a variety of missions. It provides latest technologies, like the advanced cockpit design with the most modern Human Machine Interface (HMI) and state-of-the-art Helionix® avionics, more powerful engines, an enhanced transmission system and a Fenestron® anti torque-device.
These new technologies are combined with the rugged and proven design elements of the H145 – the main rotor system and the multipurpose cabin. Built-in safety aspects include an energy absorbing fuselage and seats and crash-resistant fuel cells. Compared to other helicopters in its class, the H145 offers a significantly larger cabin featuring excellent outside visibility for pilots, crew and passengers; a roomy cabin with no partitions, center or door posts; and unrivalled side and rear loading capability.
Airbus will be displaying a similar H145 at Aero India 2019 in Bengaluru from 20 – 24 February 2019.
- Oklahoma City Police buy two AS350 crash-resistant fuel tanks
- HeliTSA secures EASA approval under new Part 147
- DART Aerospace’s E-Commerce Website Now Available Globally
- Life Flight Network Announces Partnership with WhidbeyHealth
- Sikorsky Awarded Patent for Rotor Vector
- DRF Luftrettung promotes research by Unimedizin Greifswald
- Guardian Mobility teases its dual mode flight tracking system
- CHC and USC to Offer Aviation Safety Certificate
- Greece – MH-60R Multi-Mission Helicopters
- AE Industrial Partners to Acquire Columbia Helicopters
- Kaman Opens New Helicopter Customer Service Center
- Airbus develops its presence in Italy
- AAR awarded four-year MRO contract with Royal Netherlands Air Force
- TH-119 obtains FAA IFR certification
- Advanced Technology Systems Co. Awarded $18M Contract for Helicopter Maintenance
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family