Falcon Aviation of Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) has recently started onshore and offshore transport operations for the Kuwait Oil Company with three Leonardo AW169 lightintermediate twin helicopters under a five-year contract.
The introduction of the capable, new generation AW169 and Falcon Aviation’s expertise is allowing the Kuwait Oil Company to perform a significant leap forward in the level of service supporting the Oil&Gas industry in the region. Falcon Aviation has also established all the required infrastructure, including the building of a brand new hangar to house the 3 helicopters and create facilities to carry out line and base maintenance on the type.
The global launch customer for the offshore-configured AW169, Falcon Aviation also operates two more aircraft for offshore – supporting Total ABK in Abu Dhabi – and VVIP duties. The first AW169 introduced into service by this customer is the fleet leader with over 1400 flight hours logged to date out of a total of more than 24,500 across a global fleet of almost 70 AW169s. Falcon Aviation is a leading operator in the region and a prime customer to Leonardo with a fleet of 11 helicopters including five AW169s, two AW189 super-medium aircraft and four AW109 Grand/GrandNew light twins.
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee
- 13th Annual Electric Aircraft Symposium Lands in Oshkosh
- USHST Perceives a Deadly Trend for the Helicopter Industry
- Ipswich Hospital helipad marks first anniversary
- Meghalaya State Government to extend helicopter service?
- London’s Air Ambulance treats 40,000th patient
- HAL seeks private investment to expand Dhruv production
- NHV Expands Executive Team
- LCI Helicopters closes new $75M financing from CaixaBank
- Mi-38 successfully passed testing in extreme conditions
- The high altitude flight campaign of the new H145 starts in Chile
- Korean CAA approves AW109 simulator
- Airbus Helicopters, Inc. and head of North America region appointments
- Sikorsky Awarded $22M Contract for CH-53K Support