Falcon Aviation of Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates) has recently started onshore and offshore transport operations for the Kuwait Oil Company with three Leonardo AW169 lightintermediate twin helicopters under a five-year contract.
The introduction of the capable, new generation AW169 and Falcon Aviation’s expertise is allowing the Kuwait Oil Company to perform a significant leap forward in the level of service supporting the Oil&Gas industry in the region. Falcon Aviation has also established all the required infrastructure, including the building of a brand new hangar to house the 3 helicopters and create facilities to carry out line and base maintenance on the type.
The global launch customer for the offshore-configured AW169, Falcon Aviation also operates two more aircraft for offshore – supporting Total ABK in Abu Dhabi – and VVIP duties. The first AW169 introduced into service by this customer is the fleet leader with over 1400 flight hours logged to date out of a total of more than 24,500 across a global fleet of almost 70 AW169s. Falcon Aviation is a leading operator in the region and a prime customer to Leonardo with a fleet of 11 helicopters including five AW169s, two AW189 super-medium aircraft and four AW109 Grand/GrandNew light twins.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020