The Brazilian Navy has ordered three H135 light twinengine helicopters to be operated by the 1st General Purpose Helicopter Squadron (HU-1). The aircraft will be dedicated to a wide range of missions such as special operations, transport of troops and freight, naval inspection, search and rescue and medical evacuation. Two of these aircraft will be equipped with aeromedical kits. Other equipment will include a cargo hook, an emergency flotation system, a winch, as well as weather radar.
The aircraft, which will replace the current light twin-engine AS355s, could also carry out missions in the frame of the Brazilian Antarctic Programme in the near future.
The contract includes a comprehensive HCare support and services package, which will guarantee the highest levels of availability for this fleet.
“We are extremely happy to sign this contract, which consolidates and extends the partnership we have had for over 40 years with the Brazilian Navy, our very first customer in the country,” said Richard Marelli, Helibras President and Airbus Head of Country in Brazil. “The H135’s low operating costs and excellent availability rate make it the ideal helicopter to fulfil the Navy’s challenging missions and needs.”
To date, more than 1,280 helicopters of the H135 family are in operation around the globe, having flown 4.9 million flight hours.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator