Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) announced that its Cubic Mission Solutions business division was awarded a contract from the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) to provide a Full Motion Video (FMV) system for the U.S. Navy’s MH-60S Multi-Mission Helicopter Program. The introduction of Cubic’s MH-60S FMV system to the fleet will significantly increase the aircraft’s operational capability to send and receive visual information.
“Full Motion Video capability is critical to the ever-increasing mission complexities of the MH-60S operating environments,” said Mike Twyman, president of Cubic Mission Solutions. “Our MH-60S FMV System solution is the culmination of decades of experience and a focused effort to address current and emerging needs reflected in the MH-60S operational scenarios and FMV functional requirements.”
Cubic’s MH-60S FMV system is modular, scalable and affordable with open standards for interfaces. Based on mature components fielded on NAVAIR platforms, it provides secure, transmit and receive capabilities of visual information to all required platforms and stakeholders. The system includes Cubic’s innovative Dual Channel Modem and Sierra Nevada Corporation’s enhanced FMV exploitation software to provide a flexible best-of-breed solution optimized for the MH-60S mission set. Additionally, the system broadens Cubic’s wideband communications data link (CDL) capabilities while introducing a full system solution, including an advanced touch screen color display and user software.
Cubic’s solution focuses on an open system architecture that maximizes functionality and performance while minimizing system size, weight, power and cost (SWaP-C). It is designed to enable robust ISR mission success across the full spectrum of Navy operations.
- Bell teams with industry leaders to form Team Invictus
- COVID19 – HAC cancels annual convention scheduled for November 2020
- European Rotors event will host an industry hackathon
- Indian Air Force upgrades Mi-17s with Night Vision Goggles
- Airbus helps Hungarian Air Ambulance become a digital organisation
- EASA publishes proposed eVTOL certification methods
- Triumph to supply mechanical controls for US TH-73 trainers
- Compass and ALG ship EC135 from UK to US for Air Methods
- COVID-19 – Airbus Helicopters offers solutions to air ambulance operators in the fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19 – How Airbus is helping frontline operators in the fight against COVID-19
- Helitrans accepts two Airbus H125s under e-delivery process
- Gama Aviation and Atkins retain UK military airworthiness contract
- NTSB calls for mandatory Flight Data Recorders in all turbine helicopters
- Era Group Announces Board Approval of Reverse Stock Split
- Bristow Group Announces Stock Repurchases
- Cornwall Air Ambulance suffers £1.5M income shortfall
- NBAA Requests Extension for GA Pilot Medicals
- Police Aviation News – June 2020 Edition
- First Ukraine Police Airbus H145 commences flight test phase
- Polish Police retire Kania helicopter to museum