Cubic Corporation (NYSE: CUB) announced that its Cubic Mission Solutions business division was awarded a contract from the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) to provide a Full Motion Video (FMV) system for the U.S. Navy’s MH-60S Multi-Mission Helicopter Program. The introduction of Cubic’s MH-60S FMV system to the fleet will significantly increase the aircraft’s operational capability to send and receive visual information.
“Full Motion Video capability is critical to the ever-increasing mission complexities of the MH-60S operating environments,” said Mike Twyman, president of Cubic Mission Solutions. “Our MH-60S FMV System solution is the culmination of decades of experience and a focused effort to address current and emerging needs reflected in the MH-60S operational scenarios and FMV functional requirements.”
Cubic’s MH-60S FMV system is modular, scalable and affordable with open standards for interfaces. Based on mature components fielded on NAVAIR platforms, it provides secure, transmit and receive capabilities of visual information to all required platforms and stakeholders. The system includes Cubic’s innovative Dual Channel Modem and Sierra Nevada Corporation’s enhanced FMV exploitation software to provide a flexible best-of-breed solution optimized for the MH-60S mission set. Additionally, the system broadens Cubic’s wideband communications data link (CDL) capabilities while introducing a full system solution, including an advanced touch screen color display and user software.
Cubic’s solution focuses on an open system architecture that maximizes functionality and performance while minimizing system size, weight, power and cost (SWaP-C). It is designed to enable robust ISR mission success across the full spectrum of Navy operations.
- V-22 Osprey Marks Three Decades of Transforming Military Aviation
- FlightSafety and Metro Aviation celebrate five years of Louisiana Level D simulators
- HELP Appeal donation upgrades Royal Preston Hospital helipad
- Babcock Flight Training Adelaide Graduate
- GVH Aerospace helps Swiss Rotor Solutions
- DAC renews distribution with Esterline
- Genesys Aerosystems to certify popular HeliSAS Stability Augmentation System
- PDG partners with Woodgate Aviation to support 148th British Open Golf
- Building Work Begins on new Penzance Heliport
- Two Nepalese operators to add Airbus H125 in coming weeks
- Senior Director of Product Development named at EastWest Industries
- Airbus bids for Australian Army tender with H145M
- HSM-70 celebrates 10 years of excellence
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to carry blood supplies
- L3 WESCAM Launches In-Flight Training Course for MX™-Series EO/IR Turrets
- Trakka Systems announces TLX Searchlight Order
- Canadian Coast Guard picks Dart wearplates for Bell 429 fleet
- AIM raises awareness for careers in Aviation Maintenance
- PAL-V unveils the distinctive features of the PAL-V Liberty Pioneer
- Caverton Helicopters picks Thales for AW139 simulator