Helicopter Association International (HAI) is pleased to announce that Federal Aviation Association (FAA) Acting Administrator Daniel K. Elwell is scheduled to attend HAI HELI-EXPO 2019 in Atlanta, Georgia, on March 5, 2019.
Administrator Elwell will participate in a “fireside chat” with HAI president and CEO Matthew Zuccaro, where they will discuss a selection of topics relevant to the helicopter industry. This conversation will take place at HAI’s Annual Membership Meeting and Breakfast.
Those who are interested in viewing the discussion but who are unable to attend the meeting can view the event through live streaming on HAI’s Facebook page. Other live streaming sites may become available too.
“We are grateful that Administrator Elwell can take time from his busy schedule to attend HAI HELI-EXPO and address issues that are significant to us,” says Zuccaro. “This is a pivotal time in aviation, with a number of challenges, such as workforce development and the integration of unmanned aircraft systems and autonomous flight into the NAS. Being able to hear from the FAA Administrator on these and other safety, regulatory, and operational issues is a huge help to the helicopter community. We deeply appreciate the contributions of Administrator Elwell and several other FAA representatives to our show.”
The discussion between Administrator Elwell and Mr. Zuccaro is scheduled to begin at approximately 8:30 AM (EST) and will last 15 – 20 minutes. Mr. Elwell is also participating in the ribbon-cutting ceremony to open HAI HELI-EXPO at 10:15 AM.
Because of his responsibilities leading the FAA, Administrator Elwell’s schedule is subject to change without notice.
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145
- Babcock adds another EMS H145 in Italy
- Airbus proposes a modification of the Main Rotor Actuator on AS365 Dauphin
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software