Sunshine Coast aerospace technology business HeliMods has been approved by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) as one of only six active organisations in the world to receive CASR Subpart 21.J – Approved Design Organisation status.
In receiving this approval, HeliMods joins the likes of prestigious global aviation organisations including Lufthansa Technik, Northrop Grumman and Qantas Airways.
Under the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations, Subpart 21.J allows for Approved Design Organisations (ADOs) to carry out design and technical data approval functions, within the scope of their approval certificate, without further reference to CASA or other authorised persons.
“Receiving CASR 21.J approval is a significant milestone for us and a recognition of our absolute commitment and dedication to operating at standards equivalent to global aviation leaders,” said HeliMods Founder and Managing Director, Will Shrapnel.
“We take a no compromise approach to quality and rigour across our design and certification processes and have established a strong track record in this space. We hope to continue to set the bar high and to be a champion for other SMEs looking to compete on the global stage.”
The CASR 21.J approval is not just applicable to the civil aviation market but can be exploited in the acquisition, sustainment and operation of Defence Aviation platforms. The Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) airworthiness recognition process makes the CASR 21.J approval, and HeliMods’ experience in rotary wing major design change and supplemental type certification more relevant than ever.
CASR 21.J adds to a long list of quality and certification achievements for HeliMods.
The organisation holds over 30 Rotary Wing STCs, more than any other organisation in Australia; and is also AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 certified, which are the highest level QMS certifications in the aerospace and defence industries.
- Pulselite installed across Bell Training Academy fleet
- JetNet for Salesforce to be demonstrated at NBAA conference
- Spidertracks announce Blue Hawaiian Helicopters as official launch customer of Spider X
- Blade makes Nino Negri Wine an Official 2020 Partner
- Nova Systems wins Norwegian NH90 contract
- Japan Airlines completes successful UAV cargo trial
- Can aviation ever be truly green?
- HAI Sadly Announces the Passing of Matthew Zuccaro
- Executive Vice-President Finance appointed at Airbus Helicopters
- Bristow to trial Unmanned systems to help with SAR
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s