Sunshine Coast aerospace technology business HeliMods has been approved by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) as one of only six active organisations in the world to receive CASR Subpart 21.J – Approved Design Organisation status.
In receiving this approval, HeliMods joins the likes of prestigious global aviation organisations including Lufthansa Technik, Northrop Grumman and Qantas Airways.
Under the Civil Aviation Safety Regulations, Subpart 21.J allows for Approved Design Organisations (ADOs) to carry out design and technical data approval functions, within the scope of their approval certificate, without further reference to CASA or other authorised persons.
“Receiving CASR 21.J approval is a significant milestone for us and a recognition of our absolute commitment and dedication to operating at standards equivalent to global aviation leaders,” said HeliMods Founder and Managing Director, Will Shrapnel.
“We take a no compromise approach to quality and rigour across our design and certification processes and have established a strong track record in this space. We hope to continue to set the bar high and to be a champion for other SMEs looking to compete on the global stage.”
The CASR 21.J approval is not just applicable to the civil aviation market but can be exploited in the acquisition, sustainment and operation of Defence Aviation platforms. The Defence Aviation Safety Regulation (DASR) airworthiness recognition process makes the CASR 21.J approval, and HeliMods’ experience in rotary wing major design change and supplemental type certification more relevant than ever.
CASR 21.J adds to a long list of quality and certification achievements for HeliMods.
The organisation holds over 30 Rotary Wing STCs, more than any other organisation in Australia; and is also AS9100D and ISO 9001:2015 certified, which are the highest level QMS certifications in the aerospace and defence industries.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020