Robinson’s R22 officially turns 40-years-old on March 16th. In celebration, at this year’s Heli Expo convention in Atlanta, Robinson will display a new R22 (S/N 4797, N40YR) painted in the same scheme and colors as the very first R22 (S/N 0001). While the exterior will pay tribute to the R22’s origins, the interior will showcase modern avionics including the Avidyne IFD 440 GPS/COM with built in Wi-Fi and Synthetic Vision. The aircraft is also equipped with a pilot-side accessory bar designed to support personal devices, e.g., iPhone or iPad.
Les Gillespie of Gardner Aviation (GA), a Robinson dealer since 2013, has purchased the retro-painted helicopter and will accept delivery at the show.
Founded in 1973, Robinson Helicopter Company is the world’s leading manufacturer of civil helicopters.
- Robinson’s Impact-Resistant Windshields Improve Bird Strike Protection
- Six Robinson Helicopters Delivered to China
- 06-Apr-20 N7007X Robinson R22 Seymour, US-Texas
- SAFE develops Pitch Adjustment Tool for Robinson R22, R44 and R66
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- 19-Dec-19 N695AP Robinson R22 Beeville, US-Texas
- 09-Dec-19 N74564 Robinson R22 Chino, US-California
- 23-Oct-19 N7189D Robinson R22 Hebbronville, US-Texas (2F)
- 23-Oct-19 N74512 Robinson R22 Hebbronville, US-Texas
- 18-Oct-19 N4066S Robinson R22 Lake Mead, US-Nevada
- UAVOS Unmanned Helicopter Robinson for Precision Farming
- UAVOS completes first flight of unmanned Robinson R22
- Robinson Introduces a New Flight Training Guide
- Rotorcorp wins 2019 State and Regional Export Award
- Sloane Helicopters celebrates its 500th new Robinson Helicopter
- 20-Feb-19 N350VH Robinson R22 Las Vegas, US-Nevada
- 19-Feb-19 N512GS Robinson R22 Clearwater, US-Florida
- 31-Jan-19 JA7980 Robinson R22 Kashiwa, Japan
- 28-Dec-18 N8319T Robinson R22 Hayward, US-California
- Robinson Adds Avidyne IFD Option