As innovators and a leader in smart, digital vertical-lift aircraft, Bell is now the first OEM to certify a Health and Usage Monitoring System (HUMS) for a light single-engine aircraft. The Bell 407 HUMS monitoring covers drive system, engine, rotors, and it provides estimates of remaining useful life to help bring predictability to maintenance needs.
Lightweight, cost-sensitive and the latest technology, the GPMS Foresight MX HUMS uses a breakthrough “smart sensor” architecture to allow all sensor data to be gather in seconds compared to legacy HUMS which may take up to 20 minutes. Faster data acquisition allows the system to gather data more often for more accurate diagnosis. GPMS solution also provides innovative signal filtering technology and prognostic algorithms which enhance reporting accuracy.
Operators with HUMS equipped aircraft, once registered with the Bell, will be able to access data on mobile devices, using MissionLinkTM, an innovative off-board data platform that delivers intuitive analysis to customers. All aircraft data can will be available in a single system dashboard with an easy-to-use data-landing page available on the customer’s smart phone mobile device. This allows our customers’ aircraft to communicate how it is performing, provide historical trends/analysis and detailed health vitals on core components.
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification
- Most US Helicopter Accident Indicators Pointed in Right Direction During 2020
- FAA Accepting Applications for Workforce Development Grants
- Bell marks 40 years of the 412
- NHV achieves ISO 9001:2015 Re-Certification
- Aero Asset report on Q4 pre-owned twin turbine market
- US helicopters conduct unique training with Greek military
- Devon Air Ambulance flies 1101 missions in 2020
- HAI caves in and cancels Heli-Expo 2021
- 21-Jan-21 ZT-RRT Bell 430 Bergville, South Africa (5F)