Esterline is pleased to announce that its CMC Electronics (CMC) business unit signed an agreement with StandardAero to partner on rotorcraft retrofits. The companies will jointly pursue business opportunities for commercial, military and government aviation upgrades and modernisation for medium- to heavy-lift helicopters.
The agreement would include such CMC products as MFD 10-inch smart displays, RDU rugged displays, the CMA-9000 Flight Management System, CMA-5024 GPS hardware and optional Doppler and EFB equipment. StandardAero will provide custom solutions for integration and engineering services. Together the companies offer globally recognized capabilities in the helicopter market.
Michel Potvin, President, Esterline Avionics Systems, said: “Esterline is proud to be a StandardAero supplier of choice for innovative cockpit systems and avionics hardware solutions for these projects. We expect to deliver meaningful cost and logistic benefits to helicopter owners and operators using our combined installation expertise and world class avionics solutions, creating a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. We look forward to a long and beneficial partnership that also provides deep value to our customers.”
Adding to that, Manny Atwal, Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Business Development for Commercial Helicopter Services at StandardAero, said: “We are delighted to collaborate with CMC on incorporating their advanced cockpit upgrade products into our wide portfolio of legacy helicopter retrofit solutions. We share a mutual focus on providing operators with cost-effective, modernized solutions to address legacy helicopter obsolescence, and we are excited to partner with CMC in further exploring global opportunities to support and extend the life of several helicopter platforms in various mission profiles.”
The CMC Electronics (CMC) brand within Esterline Avionics Systems (www.esterline.com/avionicssystems) has achieved an international reputation for innovation and excellence in the design and manufacture of electronics products for the military and commercial aviation markets. The company’s focus is on delivering innovative cockpit systems integration and avionics solutions to its customers worldwide. CMC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline Corporation (NYSE:ESL, www.esterline.com), a specialized aerospace and defense company headquartered in Bellevue, WA, that employs over 12,000 people worldwide.
StandardAero is one of the world’s largest independent providers of services including engine and airframe maintenance, repair and overhaul, engine component repair, engineering services, interior completions and paint applications. StandardAero serves a diverse array of customers in business and general aviation, airline, military, helicopter, components and energy markets. The company celebrated its 100th year of industry leadership in 2011. In 2015, StandardAero was purchased by Veritas Capital, a leading private equity firm headquartered in New York City. Veritas invests in companies that provide critical products and services to government and commercial customers worldwide including those operating in aerospace & defense, healthcare, technology, national security, communications, energy and education. More information can be found on the company’s web site at www.standardaero.com.
- Leonardo to add extra baggage pod to AW189
- 29-Nov-20 9N-AJJ Airbus AS350B2 Nuwakot, Nepal
- Bell Boeing awarded $12M contract to modify the V-22 of Japan
- Thames Valley Air Ambulance buy new helmets
- Bell Boeing awarded $188M contract for logistics and engineering support for the V-22 platform
- Mornington Sanford Aviation adds EASA Part 147 approval for Robinson maintenance training
- Savback Helicopters opens in the UK
- CNC deploys new mission suite for Texas DPS Airbus H125
- Philippine National Police to deploy two H125s in Davao Region
- Garmin adds new eLearning courses for G1000H NXi integrated flight deck
- Air Methods settles claim over severely corroded parts
- EHang completes Korean demo tour
- Tangent Link Announces Presentations for Aerial Firefighting Europe
- Rheinland Air Service Appointed as the First German Dealer for the Bell 505
- CAE to acquire TRU Simulation + Training Canada Inc
- Penzance Helicopters cancels schedules for over three months
- Bell appoints first 505 dealer in Germany
- State-of-the-art technology sets new standards in helicopter pilot training
- JETNET Demos Customized Solutions at VBACE
- Philippine National Police receive more Airbus H125s