Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT, TASE: ESLT) (“Elbit Systems”) announced that its subsidiary, Elbit Systems of America, LLC (“Elbit Systems of America”) was awarded a five-year Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contract by the United States Army to provide a wide field of view Common Helmet Mounted Display (CHMD) system. The contract which is in an amount that is not material to Elbit Systems will be performed in Fort Worth, Texas, with deliveries starting within 15 months.
This full color CHMD will be part of the U.S. Army’s Air Soldier System, used by helicopter pilots to provide day and night enhanced situational awareness and survivability in all flight conditions. It will be fully-integrated into the Elbit Systems’ Helmet Display and Tracker System used onboard the U.S. Army’s CH-47F Chinook and the UH-60L/M/V Black Hawk fleets.
“Our CHMD provides advanced capabilities for Army pilots,” stated Raanan Horowitz, President and Chief Executive Officer of Elbit Systems of America. “Our solution supports pilots experiencing crisp, clear and accurate symbology, which provides critical information during flight and a decisive edge in mission effectiveness.”
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee