Gulf Helicopters Company (GHC) has selected SKYTRAC real-time connectivity to drive efficiency in their Leonardo AW139 and AW189 HUMS and Flight Data Monitoring (FDM) programs.
“HUMS and FDM are vital safety programs that can help catch, communicate and resolve emerging safety issues before they escalate. The SKYTRAC real-time connectivity solution will allow us to identify issues as they are detected even while the aircraft is still in flight. It will also streamline our processes so we can conduct in depth investigations as efficiently as possible. For Gulf, implementing this solution demonstrates our commitment to leading the way in safety innovation and to providing best-in-class service to our clients,” stated CEO of Gulf Helicopters Mr. Mohamed Al Mohannadi.
SKYTRAC’s real-time connectivity solution uses a lightweight hardware package combined with OEM analytics to monitor for safety or maintenance anomalies in flight. When an issue is detected, detailed real-time information is forwarded automatically to the ground. Full flight logs including multiple hours of data are also made easily accessible post flight.
“SKYTRAC Real-Time connectivity is about delivering the best quality flight data to the right people on the ground as quickly and efficiently as possible. The result is a tool to assist with improved scheduling, improved turnaround and greater safety oversight,” said SKYTRAC VP Sales Jan van der Heul.
The system is currently being deployed on the first Gulf AW139 with an agreement to roll out the program across a fleet of 19 AW139 and 5 AW 189 aircraft.
- Rivers State Government withdraws charges against Caverton Helicopters
- Netherlands – HeliCentre buys Entrol EC135 simulator
- Sri Lanka Aviation Unit in South Sudan Receive UN Medals
- Ehang supports Urban Air Mobility themed hotel
- COVID-19 – Ansat to transport patients with COVID-19 in isolation modules
- US Army test launches UAS from Black Hawk
- Australia – Rio Tintopledges A$500,000 to CareFlight
- Hereford County Hospital helipad is now open
- HAI Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- Metro Aviation announces new Director of Operations
- Kaman K-MAX® Continues as a Proven Firefighting Asset
- COVID-19 – Airbus provides range of support help for customers
- AAMS Statement on NTSB Public Meeting of Survival Flight fatal accident
- ICRR funding boost sees AW109 return to 7 day working from June
- EBAA supports calls for cooperation on safe integration of drones
- ARGUS International & AirNav Systems Strategic Partnership
- DTN AviationSentry for Helicopters Launches in Europe
- Precision Support Services hires new General Manager
- Babcock MCS Italia loses first appeal over €51 Million fine
- Philippine attack helicopter purchase descends into deadlock