Donaldson Aerospace & Defense (Booth #B4312), a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), is pleased to announce delivery of its advanced filtration systems for the Bell 525 Relentless®. The oil filter assemblies protect the aircraft’s gearboxes, engines, and auxiliary power unit from the damaging and performance-degrading effects of dirt, dust, salt, sand, and foreign objects.
Bell ordered 88 of four different transmission oil assemblies and Inlet Barrier Filters (IBF) for factory installation on the Bell 525 Relentless®. Twenty were delivered with the remainder shipping later this year.
Donaldson’s transmission oil filter assemblies are installed on the Bell 525 Relentless® helicopters’ main rotor, tail rotor, intermediate, and reduction gearboxes. Additionally, the IBF is installed on the aircraft’s two General Electric CT7-2F1 engines and Honeywell RE100 auxiliary power unit. The IBF, specifically designed for the Bell 525 Relentless®, are available as a factory installation or retrofit in the field.
In addition to Bell 525 Relentless® deliveries, Donaldson began production on its factory-installed Airbus H160 IBF. Configured specifically for the H160, the filter element will also be available for aftermarket purchase by H160 operators. Each H160 helicopter will use two IBF elements.
“Bell and Airbus’ selection of Donaldson advanced filtration systems for factory installation illustrates the manufacturers’ trust and confidence in the value of our products for their customers,” said Lars Hesbjerg, Global Sales Director, Aerospace & Defense Group. “As these new aircraft get closer to certification, we’re looking forward to increasing delivery for future orders.”
Donaldson representatives will be available to discuss their IBF and other advanced filtration solutions at Heli-Expo 2019, Booth #B4312, March 4-7, 2019, at the Georgia Convention Center.
- President of Uruguay welcomes first SAR AB412
- Airbus to keep NASA’s helicopters flying for up to 10 years
- Viterra and STARS to launch calendar campaign fundraiser
- UW Health Med Flight’s first all-woman crew makes history
- Swire Oilfield Services acquires Helifuel
- Aviation Jobs – statistical comparison between 2019 and 2020
- BBGA calls Brexit webinar
- Devon Air Ambulance celebates exemplary service
- Polar Airlines becomes first service centre for Ansat helicopters
- Kazan Ansat approved for all documentation in electronic form
- SH09 prototype returns home with improved aerodynamics
- Bell Delivers Montenegro Air Force’s First Bell 505
- First Bell Authorized Maintenance Center Added in Denmark
- New equipment options revealed for Ansat
- Safran Helicopter Engines appoints Executive Vice-President, Support and Services
- CGAS Humboldt Bat orders HH-65 maintenance platforms
- Bell Adds Its First European Authorized Maintenance Center to its Support Network
- 15-Sep-20 N489DM Bell 407 Fort Worth, US-Texas
- Christoph 54 completes 50th Operation
- Gulf Helicopters announces the success in qualifying to the standards of ISO 45001:2018 accreditation