Donaldson Aerospace & Defense (Booth #B4312), a division of Donaldson Company, Inc. (NYSE: DCI), is pleased to announce delivery of its advanced filtration systems for the Bell 525 Relentless®. The oil filter assemblies protect the aircraft’s gearboxes, engines, and auxiliary power unit from the damaging and performance-degrading effects of dirt, dust, salt, sand, and foreign objects.
Bell ordered 88 of four different transmission oil assemblies and Inlet Barrier Filters (IBF) for factory installation on the Bell 525 Relentless®. Twenty were delivered with the remainder shipping later this year.
Donaldson’s transmission oil filter assemblies are installed on the Bell 525 Relentless® helicopters’ main rotor, tail rotor, intermediate, and reduction gearboxes. Additionally, the IBF is installed on the aircraft’s two General Electric CT7-2F1 engines and Honeywell RE100 auxiliary power unit. The IBF, specifically designed for the Bell 525 Relentless®, are available as a factory installation or retrofit in the field.
In addition to Bell 525 Relentless® deliveries, Donaldson began production on its factory-installed Airbus H160 IBF. Configured specifically for the H160, the filter element will also be available for aftermarket purchase by H160 operators. Each H160 helicopter will use two IBF elements.
“Bell and Airbus’ selection of Donaldson advanced filtration systems for factory installation illustrates the manufacturers’ trust and confidence in the value of our products for their customers,” said Lars Hesbjerg, Global Sales Director, Aerospace & Defense Group. “As these new aircraft get closer to certification, we’re looking forward to increasing delivery for future orders.”
Donaldson representatives will be available to discuss their IBF and other advanced filtration solutions at Heli-Expo 2019, Booth #B4312, March 4-7, 2019, at the Georgia Convention Center.
- Slovenian Police receive first of two AW169s
- LCI launches 1st helicopter co-investment vehicle
- Life Flight Network and Saint Alphonsus Celebrate 10 Years
- Rostec will offer renewal of South Korean Ka-32 fleet
- Leonardo appoints UI International as Korea distributor
- Safran selects Onsight AR platform for remote customer support
- Japanese Prefectures Place Orders for Bell 412EPI
- Air Methods Relocates Black Hills Life Flight Base to Rapid City
- New York Helicopter Charter files for bankruptcy protection
- Denel helicopters not affected by aerostructures business exit
- Honeywell upgrades power and fuel efficiency on T55 engine for Chinook
- Canada approves AS350/EC130 Crash-Resistant Fuel Tank
- Sikorsky Introduces RAIDER X™
- US Army trialing new helicopter pilot training program
- NFAC tests next-generation military helicopter
- Aero Asset’s Q3 Preowned Helicopter Market Trends show improving conditions
- Sikorsky Showcases New Combat Rescue Helicopter
- UK Helicopter Museum celebrates 30 years
- Helity appointed AW139 Maintenance Centre by Leonardo
- Bell Appoints China State Grid GA as a Bell429 Authorized Maintenance Center