Sikorsky, a Lockheed Martin company (NYSE: LMT), announced that it will authorize Eagle Copters Ltd. to operate as its latest Sikorsky Customer Support Center in Canada. The announcement came at the 2019 Helicopter Association International Heli-Expo.
Sikorsky’s Customer Support Centers enable quick access to Sikorsky logistics and spare parts inventory for operators while providing advanced service capabilities. This support center, located in Calgary, will be Sikorsky’s fourth in Canada and adds to the growing network of 22 Sikorsky support centers world-wide.
“We’re thrilled to bring Eagle Copters into our efficient and trusted network of Sikorsky authorized support centers,” said Sikorsky Vice President for Strategy & Business Development Nathalie Previte. “Sikorsky and Eagle share a commitment to quality, and we’re excited that Eagle will support the growing S-76 fleet and our valued operators and customers.”
“We’re very honored to become the next authorized Sikorsky Customer Support Center. We have been expanding our product and service offerings over the past few years and joining the Sikorsky team and working on the time-honored S-76 platform is a logical extension of our experience in medium helicopters,” said Eagle Copters President and CEO Barry Kohler. “We have a loyal customer base that counts on us to provide innovative solutions in fleet management, and we’re really looking forward to bringing our focus on mission success and safety into this market space.”
Seventy Sikorsky commercial helicopters currently operate in Canada, supporting a variety of missions including offshore oil worker transportation, charter airline service, emergency medical service, utility work, and executive and VIP transport. The S-76 fleet has provided service in Canada for almost 40 years and continues to operate successfully in all environments from coast to coast.
Since 2016, Lockheed Martin has made significant investment into Sikorsky’s commercial sustainment to support both the S-92 and S-76 helicopters, including in a 24-hour, state-of-the-art Customer Care Center in Trumbull, Connecticut, the opening of four Forward Stocking Locations world-wide, increasing the number of Sikorsky Field Service Representatives as well as authorizing new Sikorsky Customer Support Centers.
- Air Methods donates AS350B2 to Mercy Air Africa
- ITT Enidine selected as partner for Bell 360 program
- PS Engineering responds to customer requests with latest PAC45J audio controller
- Bell Opens Global Commercial Business Center
- GKN Aerospace promotes its role in German NH90 order
- NZ helicopter operator charged over volcano tourist health and safety
- Korean Air extends USMC H-53 APAC maintenance contract
- Aviation Data Solutions launches unique software solutions for operators and handling agents
- ConnectSkies agency champions ‘green’ helicopters
- Transport Canada strengthens ELT requirements
- GKN wins Boeing silver award for AH-64 and CH-47 program work
- Edmonton Police take delivery of new Airbus H125
- South Korea certifies the VK-2500PS-03 engine for the Mi-171A2
- Wales Air Ambulance starts 24×7 ops
- DynCorp extends CalFire support contract
- Germany procures 31 NH90s for Navy role
- NASA Begins Flight Testing Campaign for Future Airspace Mobility
- EASA Approves HTC Blades for Bell Huey
- Philippine Navy completes vertrep exercise with AW109
- Milestone delivers first S92 to Caverton Helicopters