Global Helicopter Service GmbH are pleased to announce the award of European Defence Agency (EDA) multiple framework contracts which encompasses providing helicopters and fixed wing In-theatre Aeromedical Evacuation Services (Airmedevac) in Africa and Europe. The contracts are available to support upon their request to all EDA participating Member States (MS), EU entities as well as Third States having an administrative arrangement with EDA.
Providing in-theatre aeromedical evacuation services is often a challenge for Member States in both National and Multinational operations as the resources are often not available with outsourcing to private companies being the only solution. GHS have extensive experience in providing Airmedevac services to NGO’s in austere, remote and challenging operating environments while still ensuring the highest standards of safety, quality and efficiency which was a key factor in the award of these multiple framework contracts making GHS one of the tree (lead) contenders to provide services to EDA in the future.
The overall purpose of the Airmedevac project is to efficiently provide contributing members with an option to order ready-to-use commercially available in-theatre aeromedical evacuation services through EDA. The Airmedevac services will be used to evacuate patients from the point of injury to the initial Medical Treatment Facility or transfer between in-theatre Medical Treatment Facilities.
Time after time, experience shows that contracting on the spot, under time pressure is invariably not a cost-effective and efficient solution. The alternative to this is the award of framework agreements, which EDA have concluded with companies like GHS who are capable of providing the required services at the highest European standards and ensuring immediate availability of services all of which reduces the administrative burden on the individual MS while achieving economies of scale. In addition with its vast experience in Aviation operations and management GHS will be able to support EDA and provide pro-active technical advice to both EDA and the end users to ensure that the project scope of work is fit for purpose and that the services are provided at the best value for money.
- Sikorsky awarded $13M contract for UH-60M Black Hawk
- VMM-163 launch oceanographic sensors from MV-22B Osprey
- Kaman announces date for 2020Q3 earnings
- CPI Aerostructures Receives Orders Totaling $1.4M
- Liaoning accelerates the construction of aviation fire emergency rescue system
- Mountain Area Medical Airlift adds EC145e to fleet
- Bell Delivers Three B407GXis to Polish National Police
- SH09 third prototype achieved several firsts
- Spanish operator Helity adds new scheduled route
- THC wins AW139 contract from Red Sea Development Company
- Russia to open military office in Serbia
- US DoD picks Sea Machines for autonomous VTOL replenishment vessels
- Taiwan Police seize unregistered Robinson R22
- Blackjacks test MV-22s on LPD-class ship
- Genesys Aerosystem’s Modernized Avionics Suite on Black Hawks Now Certified
- Trinidad & Tobago Air Guard to reactivate one of four AW139s
- ATSB reminds pilots of Low Rotor RPM response time
- Former Bristow Nigeria employees in court on parts theft charges
- Ace Aeronautics opens paint booth and media blast facility
- Uber Elevate teams with GE Aviation for flight data monitoring