Helicopter Association International (HAI), the leading membership and resource website for the helicopter community, announced the redesign of their website. Golden, Colo.-based 10 Pound Gorilla, a digital marketing and web development agency, designed the new site for HAI, which has a network of more than 25,000 members worldwide. Now, various resources that were scattered across the web are enhanced and synchronized to improve user experience and make content easier to find and promote.
“We created a unified experience with a complete website overhaul, brand enhancement, integration of single sign-on (SSO) for all 3rd-party services and syncing of member and organization data via an application programming interface (API),” explained Cassidi Peterson, founder of 10 Pound Gorilla. “Maintaining the distinct characters of HAI’s multiple sister-sites was critical, so we optimized HAI’s menu to incorporate their five sister-sites and designed a user experience to seamlessly preserves multiple brand identities.”
Now, color coding allows users to easily identify various sections of the website; newly designed, cohesive program logos strengthen the overall HAI brand while maintaining the identity of each program.
HAI’s website previously hosted a significant amount of resources that were difficult to administer, identify and discover. To make resources manageable, 10 Pound Gorilla built a dynamic resource center that gives administrators an easy way to list resources in multiple site sections and allows users to find resources easily.
Other improvements to HAI’s site include several custom applications, including a photo contest module. The photo module allows for automatic upload of entries to HAI’s YouTube channel and storage of videos in the cloud. 10 Pound Gorilla also designed and implemented a social voting system for community nominations to encourage traffic, engagement and promotion.
The new user experience is maintained by a customized content management system that allows site administrators to edit content easily at both a macro and micro level without ever having to compromise aesthetics or functionality.
HAI is excited for members to use their newly redesigned website at the upcoming Heli-Expo. To learn more about HAI’s new site or to find out how 10 Pound Gorilla can help overhaul your site, 10 Pound Gorilla will be attending and exhibiting at the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Heli-Expo in Atlanta, GA on Mar. 4-7, 2018.
- Nepal – Summit Helicopters rebrands back to original Fishtail Air name
- Airbus appoints Head of External Communications
- Garmin® unveils the fourth generation GPS/NAV/COMM
- Boeing delivered more new Apaches than 737s in 2019 Q4
- Farewell Message from Matt Zuccaro as he hands over HAI
- Manufacturing of Tiltrotor AW609 wind tunnel model via SLS and Windform
- Sikorsky, Rheinmetall Unveil Plans for German Heavy-Lift CH-53K
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Continued Strong Growth
- Era Group Names Senior Vice President of Business Development
- Schiebel Camcopter S-100 deployed for river pollution crisis in Malaysia
- 25,000 missions for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
- Bristow used Chapter 11 process to drop Airbus H175 order
- US Navy awards $2.68 Billion contract for APKWS rockets
- THOMMEN delivers first multi function displays for the AW129
- Milestone Aviation Group names CEO
- Air Methods Promotes new CEO
- HH-60W enters chamber for defense systems testing
- Botswana police order three Enstrom 480B
- “Who Rates Best to Avoid Fatal Helicopter Accidents? Who Rates Worst?”
- S.A.F.E. will present a Maintenance Safety session at Heli Expo 2020