Helicopter Association International (HAI), the leading membership and resource website for the helicopter community, announced the redesign of their website. Golden, Colo.-based 10 Pound Gorilla, a digital marketing and web development agency, designed the new site for HAI, which has a network of more than 25,000 members worldwide. Now, various resources that were scattered across the web are enhanced and synchronized to improve user experience and make content easier to find and promote.
“We created a unified experience with a complete website overhaul, brand enhancement, integration of single sign-on (SSO) for all 3rd-party services and syncing of member and organization data via an application programming interface (API),” explained Cassidi Peterson, founder of 10 Pound Gorilla. “Maintaining the distinct characters of HAI’s multiple sister-sites was critical, so we optimized HAI’s menu to incorporate their five sister-sites and designed a user experience to seamlessly preserves multiple brand identities.”
Now, color coding allows users to easily identify various sections of the website; newly designed, cohesive program logos strengthen the overall HAI brand while maintaining the identity of each program.
HAI’s website previously hosted a significant amount of resources that were difficult to administer, identify and discover. To make resources manageable, 10 Pound Gorilla built a dynamic resource center that gives administrators an easy way to list resources in multiple site sections and allows users to find resources easily.
Other improvements to HAI’s site include several custom applications, including a photo contest module. The photo module allows for automatic upload of entries to HAI’s YouTube channel and storage of videos in the cloud. 10 Pound Gorilla also designed and implemented a social voting system for community nominations to encourage traffic, engagement and promotion.
The new user experience is maintained by a customized content management system that allows site administrators to edit content easily at both a macro and micro level without ever having to compromise aesthetics or functionality.
HAI is excited for members to use their newly redesigned website at the upcoming Heli-Expo. To learn more about HAI’s new site or to find out how 10 Pound Gorilla can help overhaul your site, 10 Pound Gorilla will be attending and exhibiting at the Helicopter Association International (HAI) Heli-Expo in Atlanta, GA on Mar. 4-7, 2018.
- UK AAIB Bulletin – August 2020
- Leonardo are test flying AW169 with skids
- FAA to Host Virtual International Rotorcraft Safety Conference
- 13-Aug-20 SP-SVW Robinson R44 Sady, Poland
- 13-Aug-20 OK-??? Robinson R44 Zamberk, Czech Republic
- QinetiQ contract with Castle Air to operate new Airbus H145
- Bell opens facility in Wichita, Kansas
- First flight for Russia’s Ka-52M
- DRF Luftrettung retains Christoph 80 contract from April 2021
- Coptersafety appoints new AW139 Type Lead Instructor
- Robinson Delivers R66 Serial Number 1000
- Ryan Aerospace wins International Military Training and Simulation award
- Bell Unveils New Manufacturing Technology Center
- Helicentre Aviation Extends 2020 Scholarships Deadline
- AIRO Group buys Aspen Avionics
- New Weather Layers in Profile in ForeFlight’s Latest Release
- Final five Mi-8MTV-5-1 delivered to Russian military ahead of schedule
- Helicopter Online Ground School launches two new courses
- HAI launches annual Salute to Excellence Awards
- Belgium cuts military helicopter flying in half