Kaman Aerospace Group, a division of Kaman Corporation (NYSE:KAMN), announced that it has launched a composite blade development program for the K-MAX® helicopter.
The multi-year program consists of design, manufacture, test and qualification of an all-composite blade for Kaman’s intermeshing rotor system. The anticipated benefits of a composite blade include smoother airfoil, increased performance, reduced maintenance, fewer overhaul inspection requirements and extended blade life.
After certification, Kaman will incorporate the composite blade on new production aircraft and work with customers to retrofit the existing fleet. “The ability to provide state-of-the-art blade technology to our operators is another step in our efforts to improve the best-in-class performance of the K-MAX® aircraft,” stated Doug Perreault Executive Director, K-MAX® Programs.
Development of the K-MAX® was led by Kaman founder and former CEO, aviation pioneer Charles H. Kaman, and received Federal Aviation Administration certification in 1994. The single-engine, single-seat K-MAX® is a rugged low-maintenance aircraft that features a counter-rotating rotor system and is optimized for external load operations and designed specifically for vertical reference flight. The aircraft can lift up to 6,000 pounds (2,722 kg).
- Boost Human External Cargo Systems Exhibiting at HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- eVTOL manufacturer Joby Aviation raises $590 Million
- Helicopter Foundation International changes name
- Bristow Supports Republic of Singapore Air Force, Australia Bushfire Relief Operations
- Genesys Aerosystems Offers New Line of Digital Radios
- Bristow to merge with Era Helicopters
- AirX proposes new tourist flights from Tokyo Heliport
- Elbit Systems Successfully Demonstrates High-Altitude High-Precision Aerial Firefighting Solution
- PS Engineering announces PAC45 with dual control head – PAC45D
- DRF Foundation to fund external air medical R&D projects
- Twirly Birds annual meeting to be held during HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- Airbus displays its customer-centric solutions at Heli-Expo 2020
- HAI Foundation Online Auction Is Now Open
- FAA Administrator to Attend HAI Heli-Expo 2020
- EHA launches European Rotors event to rival Vertical Flight Expo
- StandardAero makes component repair acquisition in Europe
- Far East air force looking to lease eight utility helicopters
- Hawaii Air Tour Task Force to Address Safety and Noise
- Genesys Adds Integration with PS Engineering
- Helinet announces new president and COO