MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is excited to celebrate the delivery of a new MD 530F to Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), and to feature this high-performance helicopter in its booth (C1228) at HAI’s Heli-Expo 2019. The third MD 530F to join the TVA fleet, this proven single-engine helicopter is already in use supporting powerline utility, inspections, and construction operations throughout TVA’s multi-state service area, and is expected to help reduce the agency’s overall annual operation and mainenance costs.
Heralded as a utility workhorse and preferred platform for long-line operations around the globe, the MD 530F features the lowest Direct Operating Costs (DOC) in its class.
“We are proud to celebrate this newest MD 530F addition to the TVA’s rotorcraft fleet,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc., “TVA is a valued, long-time operator of our iconic 500- series aircraft, and we are excited to feature their exquisite MD 530F as one of the focal points of our HeliExpo display.”
“Helicopters are an investment that help us to improve safety and overall operational efficiency with minimal impact to the environment,” said David Hill, TVA general manager Aviation Services. “With over 16,000 miles of transmission lines, helicopters help us to deliver low-cost, cleaner energy with 99.999 percent reliability to nearly 10 million people in the Tennessee Valley.”
TVA is the largest public power utility in the United States, and one of the largest producers of electricity in the country, covering most of Tennessee, portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, and small slices of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia.
The MD 530F features MDHI’s newest all-glass single-engine cockpit as well as a Fargo 21-gallon auxiliary fuel tank, Onboard Systems Talon LC Keeperless 3,600 pound Cargo Hook and Colorado Helicopters Side Hook Bracket, Cascade STC reduced cord leg fairing, Blue Sky Networks D1000A SATCOM aircraft tracker, high visibility main rotor blades, and wire strike protection.
Visitors to HAI Heli-Expo 2019 can stop in and see the MD 530F helicopter at the MD Helicopters booth, C1228, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, March 5 – 7, 2019.
- Air BP rolls out Airfield Automation digital technology across São Paulo heliports
- Bell Announces Delivery of First Bell 505 to Horizon International Flight Academy
- Frost & Sullivan Presents the Evolving UAM Landscape Up to 2040
- Sikorsky Donates S-76® Airframe
- EASA certifies Safran Aneto-1K in Leonardo AW189K
- New helipad opens at Maidstone Hospital
- CEO of Chinook Helicopters in Abbotsford among nation’s Most Powerful Women
- Southwest Fuel Systems Announces New Triumph Hydromechanical Unit MRO Capability for RR M250 Engines
- Airbus delivers first SAR H145 for German Armed Forces ahead of schedule
- Permali to supply ballistic protection for Royal Navy Commando Merlin fleet
- New app launched for owners to track inspections, maintenance, billing etc
- RYAN AEROSPACE launches HELIMOD Mark III PLUS+ at I/ITSEC
- Elbit helps add Integrated Weapon System to MD530MG
- AMSTAT announces an upgraded Dashboard for AMSTAT Premier and Connect
- Air Evac Lifeteam closes two Arkansas bases
- Horizon purchased Entrol a Bell 505 FTD Level 2 simulator
- Reiser wins Australian Forces contract for MRH90 Maintenance Training Rig
- Major Trauma Centre first in UK to benefit from weather station
- Transformative Vertical Flight 2020 and eVTOL Symposium
- StandardAero and Thales Team on AS350 autopilot