MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is excited to celebrate the delivery of a new MD 530F to Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), and to feature this high-performance helicopter in its booth (C1228) at HAI’s Heli-Expo 2019. The third MD 530F to join the TVA fleet, this proven single-engine helicopter is already in use supporting powerline utility, inspections, and construction operations throughout TVA’s multi-state service area, and is expected to help reduce the agency’s overall annual operation and mainenance costs.
Heralded as a utility workhorse and preferred platform for long-line operations around the globe, the MD 530F features the lowest Direct Operating Costs (DOC) in its class.
“We are proud to celebrate this newest MD 530F addition to the TVA’s rotorcraft fleet,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc., “TVA is a valued, long-time operator of our iconic 500- series aircraft, and we are excited to feature their exquisite MD 530F as one of the focal points of our HeliExpo display.”
“Helicopters are an investment that help us to improve safety and overall operational efficiency with minimal impact to the environment,” said David Hill, TVA general manager Aviation Services. “With over 16,000 miles of transmission lines, helicopters help us to deliver low-cost, cleaner energy with 99.999 percent reliability to nearly 10 million people in the Tennessee Valley.”
TVA is the largest public power utility in the United States, and one of the largest producers of electricity in the country, covering most of Tennessee, portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, and small slices of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia.
The MD 530F features MDHI’s newest all-glass single-engine cockpit as well as a Fargo 21-gallon auxiliary fuel tank, Onboard Systems Talon LC Keeperless 3,600 pound Cargo Hook and Colorado Helicopters Side Hook Bracket, Cascade STC reduced cord leg fairing, Blue Sky Networks D1000A SATCOM aircraft tracker, high visibility main rotor blades, and wire strike protection.
Visitors to HAI Heli-Expo 2019 can stop in and see the MD 530F helicopter at the MD Helicopters booth, C1228, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, March 5 – 7, 2019.
- FlightSafety appoints Executive Director of Operations
- Blue Hawaiian Helicopters Named ‘Best Tour Company’ in Hawaii
- Bell Awarded $28M Contract for UH-1N and TH-1H Support
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance to receive £1.5M grant towards £4M hangar
- Aviation Blade Services Joins First Aviation Services Family
- Rusada unveils new Technical Publications module for ENVISION
- US accident data heading for worst year in over a decade
- Derriford Hospital helipad sees 1700 landings in four years
- Geisinger Life Flight Implement WinAir Digital Signatures
- The Air Ambulance Service scoops national charity award
- Leonardo Helicopters picks workwear supplier for Yeovil production plant
- HAI Hires New Director of Government Affairs
- Heli-Parts Nevada acquired by Salus Aviation
- Heli-One appoints New VP H1 Operations
- DRF Luftrettung receives EURAMI certification
- Vertical Flight Society Announces Winner of 2019 Alfred Gessow Best Paper Award
- WJZ-CBS Baltimore Adds Robinson R66 Newscopter
- 1st CAB Commander Makes Final Flight
- Star Navigation Announces MEDEVAC Agreement with Airmedic Inc.
- Airbus makes changes to its Executive Committee