MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is excited to celebrate the delivery of a new MD 530F to Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), and to feature this high-performance helicopter in its booth (C1228) at HAI’s Heli-Expo 2019. The third MD 530F to join the TVA fleet, this proven single-engine helicopter is already in use supporting powerline utility, inspections, and construction operations throughout TVA’s multi-state service area, and is expected to help reduce the agency’s overall annual operation and mainenance costs.
Heralded as a utility workhorse and preferred platform for long-line operations around the globe, the MD 530F features the lowest Direct Operating Costs (DOC) in its class.
“We are proud to celebrate this newest MD 530F addition to the TVA’s rotorcraft fleet,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc., “TVA is a valued, long-time operator of our iconic 500- series aircraft, and we are excited to feature their exquisite MD 530F as one of the focal points of our HeliExpo display.”
“Helicopters are an investment that help us to improve safety and overall operational efficiency with minimal impact to the environment,” said David Hill, TVA general manager Aviation Services. “With over 16,000 miles of transmission lines, helicopters help us to deliver low-cost, cleaner energy with 99.999 percent reliability to nearly 10 million people in the Tennessee Valley.”
TVA is the largest public power utility in the United States, and one of the largest producers of electricity in the country, covering most of Tennessee, portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, and small slices of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia.
The MD 530F features MDHI’s newest all-glass single-engine cockpit as well as a Fargo 21-gallon auxiliary fuel tank, Onboard Systems Talon LC Keeperless 3,600 pound Cargo Hook and Colorado Helicopters Side Hook Bracket, Cascade STC reduced cord leg fairing, Blue Sky Networks D1000A SATCOM aircraft tracker, high visibility main rotor blades, and wire strike protection.
Visitors to HAI Heli-Expo 2019 can stop in and see the MD 530F helicopter at the MD Helicopters booth, C1228, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, March 5 – 7, 2019.
- CHC and UniFly extend Hornsea wind farm support contract
- Alouette III helicopter celebrates 57 years with Portuguese Air Force
- SUU and Chuck Aaron Partner in Helicopter Upset Training
- First flights for new Babcock oil and gas contract
- NHV awarded offshore contract by Shell UK and NAM
- SAFE wins MH-65 maintenance platform contract at UCSG Elizabeth City
- WAI 2021 Scholarship Applications are now open
- Airbus H160 receives EASA approval
- HeliValue$ leads the way with remote helicopter appraisals
- Horizon International Flight Academy Logs More Than 1,000 Flight Hours in its Bell 505 Fleet
- Sikorsky awarded $470M contract for six VH-92 helicopters
- Sikorsky awarded $12M contract modification for CH-53K work
- PAS MRO awarded $9M contract to overhaul UH-60 tip caps
- Rolls-Royce awarded $62M for AE1107C engines for US Navy V-22
- Bell wins $8M contract with Bahrain for AH-1Z flight training device
- Safran to support Dutch Cougar engines
- Consultation under way for Sydney CBD helipad
- US Navy receives first fleet CMV-22B
- Three new helicopters for police in Republika Srpska
- Morocco Orders 24 Boeing AH-64E Apache Helicopters