MD Helicopters, Inc. (MDHI) is excited to celebrate the delivery of a new MD 530F to Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), and to feature this high-performance helicopter in its booth (C1228) at HAI’s Heli-Expo 2019. The third MD 530F to join the TVA fleet, this proven single-engine helicopter is already in use supporting powerline utility, inspections, and construction operations throughout TVA’s multi-state service area, and is expected to help reduce the agency’s overall annual operation and mainenance costs.
Heralded as a utility workhorse and preferred platform for long-line operations around the globe, the MD 530F features the lowest Direct Operating Costs (DOC) in its class.
“We are proud to celebrate this newest MD 530F addition to the TVA’s rotorcraft fleet,” said Lynn Tilton, Chief Executive Officer for MD Helicopters, Inc., “TVA is a valued, long-time operator of our iconic 500- series aircraft, and we are excited to feature their exquisite MD 530F as one of the focal points of our HeliExpo display.”
“Helicopters are an investment that help us to improve safety and overall operational efficiency with minimal impact to the environment,” said David Hill, TVA general manager Aviation Services. “With over 16,000 miles of transmission lines, helicopters help us to deliver low-cost, cleaner energy with 99.999 percent reliability to nearly 10 million people in the Tennessee Valley.”
TVA is the largest public power utility in the United States, and one of the largest producers of electricity in the country, covering most of Tennessee, portions of Alabama, Mississippi, and Kentucky, and small slices of Georgia, North Carolina, and Virginia.
The MD 530F features MDHI’s newest all-glass single-engine cockpit as well as a Fargo 21-gallon auxiliary fuel tank, Onboard Systems Talon LC Keeperless 3,600 pound Cargo Hook and Colorado Helicopters Side Hook Bracket, Cascade STC reduced cord leg fairing, Blue Sky Networks D1000A SATCOM aircraft tracker, high visibility main rotor blades, and wire strike protection.
Visitors to HAI Heli-Expo 2019 can stop in and see the MD 530F helicopter at the MD Helicopters booth, C1228, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia, March 5 – 7, 2019.
- CHC launches partnership for wildfire detection
- Airbus Helicopters resilient in 2020
- CHC wins another UK offshore windfarm contract
- Great Western Air Ambulance reports on 2020 missions
- UK – Children’s Air Ambulance reaches another milestone
- Flyjets adds helicopters to travel planning system
- New multi-million pound Cosford base approved for Midlands Air Ambulance
- Metro Aviation announce STC for Stryker Performance-LOAD Manual Cot Fastener
- Airborne Engines Ltd & Keystone Turbine Services reduce HMU prices
- Drone penetrates helicopter windshield, injuring crew
- EHang joins European Union project to demo Urban Air Mobility
- VNH South successfully organized the 2020 Customer Conference
- Belarus will receive new Mi-35s from Russia
- Airbus unveils Flightlab testbed for new technologies
- Bristow renews service with Navblue
- Rheinmetall to supply digital classroom for German Navy NH90 training
- Garmin honored with consecutive On-Time Delivery Awards from Airbus
- Kaman Announces New Order for the K-MAX®
- Bell Evaluates Unique APT Configuration in Canada
- Eye In The Sky – Flight Data Recorder – achieves NZ certification