Metro recently outfitted an H125 for the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office based in Tampa, Fla.
“This Airbus H125 aircraft and Metro Aviation’s designed and installed mission package represents a significant increase in capabilities for our unit and the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office,” said Jason Doyle, the chief pilot for Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. “The staff at Metro Aviation took our mission and equipment needs and provided a well laid out, clean, streamlined installation.”
Metro configured the helicopter at its Shreveport-based completion center with mission-ready equipment including a Goodrich electric-powered rescue hoist, LoJack system integration for the recovery of stolen vehicles, and NVG compatible avionics. The Hillsborough team worked hand-in-hand with Metro’s experts to build a configuration suitable for conducting surveillance, hoist operations, and search and rescue missions.
“During the design and installation process, the staff demonstrated their expertise in the helicopter completion industry all while being thorough, responsive, courteous and professional,” said Doyle.
The aircraft joins a fleet of four Airbus AS350B2’s and a Cessna 208 Caravan and will be on display during Heli-Expo in Atlanta, March 5-7, on the Airbus booth, C305.
- Summit Aviation hires new Director of Sales and Marketing
- Rolls-Royce adds new Helicopter customers to TotalCare in 2019
- HeliSpeed Signs SAR Support Agreement with Cobham
- FlightSafety International appoints President and CEO
- Whirly-Girls International Reveals 2020 Scholarship Recipients
- Airbus delivers second ACH175 for superyacht operations
- Nepal – Simrik Air orders two Bell 505s
- Leidos and Rusada team up to deliver MRO and Flight Ops software
- Gama Aviation provides update on Scottish Ambulance Service contract
- Devon Air Ambulance reports 2019 statistics
- Trust International appointed K-Max distributor in UAE
- Babcock lowers expectations for Aviation for this financial year
- County of Grande Prairie commits to help renew STARS helicopter fleet
- Bell and Pratt & Whitney Make Signing Up for Maintenance Programs Easier
- Bell Boeing reveal the new CMV-22B Osprey
- Whistleblower alleges misconduct between FAA Honolulu office and helicopter operator
- Heritage Aviation starts first helicopter route under Indian connectivity scheme
- Pawan Hans appoints new chairman and managing director
- FAA approves Garmin GFC600H Helicopter Flight Control System in AS350
- Royal Thai Air Force orders six Airbus H135 military trainers