Metro recently outfitted an H125 for the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office based in Tampa, Fla.
“This Airbus H125 aircraft and Metro Aviation’s designed and installed mission package represents a significant increase in capabilities for our unit and the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office,” said Jason Doyle, the chief pilot for Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. “The staff at Metro Aviation took our mission and equipment needs and provided a well laid out, clean, streamlined installation.”
Metro configured the helicopter at its Shreveport-based completion center with mission-ready equipment including a Goodrich electric-powered rescue hoist, LoJack system integration for the recovery of stolen vehicles, and NVG compatible avionics. The Hillsborough team worked hand-in-hand with Metro’s experts to build a configuration suitable for conducting surveillance, hoist operations, and search and rescue missions.
“During the design and installation process, the staff demonstrated their expertise in the helicopter completion industry all while being thorough, responsive, courteous and professional,” said Doyle.
The aircraft joins a fleet of four Airbus AS350B2’s and a Cessna 208 Caravan and will be on display during Heli-Expo in Atlanta, March 5-7, on the Airbus booth, C305.
- Airbus-funded helicopter booking platform Voom ceases operations
- VFS 2020 Annual Awards announcements
- COVID-19 – Australian Rotortech event postponed to October
- USHST Infrastructure Working Group Completes 6th Annual Helicopter Infrastructure Summit
- FAA certifies Onboard Systems dual hook for Bell 206L and 407
- Utah Rotor Pathway Program Receives $1.1 Million Grant
- COVID-19 – Air BP to supply free fuel to a number of air ambulance services in England and Wales
- COVID-19 – EASA processing new aircraft configurations for medical transport at high priority
- HSM-70 Change-of-Command
- FAA Grants NATA Requested Crewmember Relief
- Airbus Helicopters launches RTEX tool to monitor Service Bulletins
- COVID-19 – Omni adapts four aircraft to transport suspected cases of COVID-19
- FAA advice on expiring air medical certificates was released prematurely and is invalid
- COVID-19 – London Heliport announces temporary closure
- Lockheed Martin’s FARA Enters Prototype Phase
- COVID-19 – 3 British Army AW159 Wildcats have been deployed to support UK with COVID-19
- HAI Urges Caution Re FAA Announcement for Airmen Medical Certificates
- Crash-resistant Fuel System Developed for Russian Ka-226T
- NCHCF continues to raise funds for heliport at Melfort Hospital
- DRF Luftrettung starts using new isolation stretchers