Metro recently outfitted an H125 for the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office based in Tampa, Fla.
“This Airbus H125 aircraft and Metro Aviation’s designed and installed mission package represents a significant increase in capabilities for our unit and the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office,” said Jason Doyle, the chief pilot for Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office. “The staff at Metro Aviation took our mission and equipment needs and provided a well laid out, clean, streamlined installation.”
Metro configured the helicopter at its Shreveport-based completion center with mission-ready equipment including a Goodrich electric-powered rescue hoist, LoJack system integration for the recovery of stolen vehicles, and NVG compatible avionics. The Hillsborough team worked hand-in-hand with Metro’s experts to build a configuration suitable for conducting surveillance, hoist operations, and search and rescue missions.
“During the design and installation process, the staff demonstrated their expertise in the helicopter completion industry all while being thorough, responsive, courteous and professional,” said Doyle.
The aircraft joins a fleet of four Airbus AS350B2’s and a Cessna 208 Caravan and will be on display during Heli-Expo in Atlanta, March 5-7, on the Airbus booth, C305.
- New UK heliport in Plymouth wins planning approval
- Bell to Attend NATO Days 2020
- Airbus Helicopters and HTM-Helicopters sign contract
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance CEO shortlisted for national award
- LCI and Sumitomo to establish JV helicopter leasing business
- COVID-19 forces Maverick Helicopters to lay off 75
- Bell 505 Jet Ranger X Records 50,000 Global Fleet Flight Hours
- Air BP delivers 210 tonnes of sustainable aviation fuel to Stockholm Arlanda Airport
- Virtual AMTC Announces Keynote Speakers
- Specialized Navy Sailors Deployed with Marine Squadron ahead of V-22 Transition
- Thales H160 Level D sim approved
- Boeing, Honeywell and Rolls-partner on German CH-47 bid
- Wyoming Army National Guard activated to assist with California wildfires
- Bristow names new CFO
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance receives COVID19 cash from Government
- Christoph 43 completes 570 missions in first half of 2020
- New head of police air unit for Brazilian state of Ceara
- ARNG Helicopter modernization project
- Whirly-Girls Announce New Instrument Rating Scholarship for Female Aviators for 2021
- SAFE awarded USAF contract for CH-53 maintenance platforms