Safran Helicopter Engines and CHC Helicopter signed a four-year MRO support contract. This contract formalizes a Maintenance, Repair, and Overhaul and standard exchanges agreement supporting Arriel 1S, 2S1 and 2S2 engines for CHC’s S-76 fleet and Arriel 2C powering the AS365 Dauphin. Roughly 70 engines are covered by the agreement.
“Our partnership will allow us to best support the global overhaul, repair and support needs of our operation with onsite support”, said Dave Balevic, Senior Vice President of Engineering and Operations at CHC Helicopter. “This contract builds upon our existing relationship with Safran and the extension of our license for the Makila engine from our Heli-One branch in Stavanger, Norway”.
Olivier Le Merrer, Safran Helicopter Engines EVP Support and Service, said: “it is with great pride that Safran Helicopter Engines enters into this partnership with CHC Helicopters. We appreciate the opportunity to support their S-76 and Dauphin fleets. Delivering best-in-class solutions will be a top priority for us.”
This contract will be managed by the Corporate Support department of Safran Helicopter Engines through a worldwide support steering model. CHC engines will be repaired at centers in Tarnos (France), Grand Prairie (United States) and Xerem (Brasil).
For more than 70 years, CHC Helicopter has provided safe, reliable, cost-effective helicopter service in some of the most remote and challenging environments around the world. With extensive experience transporting customers in the oil and gas industry, supporting search-and-rescue and EMS contracts, and providing maintenance, repair and overhaul services, our dedication to safety and reputation for quality and innovation help customers reach beyond what they thought possible. Visit www.chcheli.com for information.
- NAVSUP WSS signs $2.3 billion H-60 Seahawk PBL Renewal Contract
- Safran opens new CAP 2020 industrial campus in Tarnos
- New Leonardo facility in São Paulo
- Airbus maintains global market leader position in 2019
- Introducing Leonardo&Codemar S.A., a new joint venture
- WAI Board Aappoints new CEO
- Kopter receives Production Organization Approval from FOCA
- Penzance Helicopters to launch with AW109 GrandNew due to Coronavirus
- Airbus improves H175 damper & pitch rod maintenance
- Sikorsky receives second contract for six Presidential S92s
- Robinson production falls off a cliff in 2019
- Rheinmetall modernizing German NH90 flight simulators
- Volocopter and Grab conduct air-taxi feasibility study in Southeast Asia
- CareFlight adds fourth operational base in Darke County
- UK AAIB Bulletin – February 2020
- Air Methods contracts with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Texas
- Longbow LLC secures $235.8 M contract for Fire Control Radar Sustainment Work
- Devon Air Ambulance adds two Critical Care Cars
- Genesys Aerosystems HeliSAS® Receives STC Approval for Bell 505
- Gama Aviation releases Flight Data Monitoring mod for Airbus H135 and H145